Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Well hey there!

So I've been lurking for a few days, drooling over everyone's quilts and other assorted project, and finally worked up the gumption to join this board.

I'm 21, 22 in just two days (YIKES!), and I've been quilting since August of last year thanks to my DB's (I believe that is the local lingo for 'darling boyfriend', did I get it right?) mother, aunt, and well, just about every woman in that family. They're all so darn crafty I felt like I had to compete somehow, so I chose quilting. Why couldn't I have chosen cooking instead?! I'm graduating this year from college in middle-of-nowhere NY, and I plan to move to PA with the DB as soon as the diploma hits my hand.

Anyways, I'm horribly hooked now to the point where I blog about my travails and struggles on Pricked Pinkies. As it says on the blog, I am horrifically colorblind as far as picking out fabrics to go with each other, but I love the physical nature of quilting. I'm an aspiring writer, so having something to do with my hands that has a tangible reward at the end is just about the best relaxation activity a girl could ask for.

So yes, I am completely in awe of the beautiful quilts here, and I hope to continue to improve by having all of your lovely quilts and projects to look at.

Oh, one more thing--I do tech support for a living, so if you're ever having computer issues (Mac or PC) I am more than happy to help, just shoot me a PM. ;)

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    welcome from Ohio! you will luv the men and women on this site. everyone is talented, generous and friendly. Thanks for the offer of teck support. now, if someone could talk me through repairs on a maytag washer . . . lol

Welcome from Western PA. Happy birthday!

Welcome from Alberta, Canada. You will love it here but be forewarned. It can become very addictive. Lots of wonderful people and info here.

Hi from Michigan!

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Welcome and Happy Birthday!!!!! I sure wouldn't mind being your age again hahaha
    You will love this board! :D:D

Happy Birthday! Welcome and waving from Arkansas. We're happy you decided to join us.

Wow, great time to start quilting!

Blog Entries
    Hello and welcome from Nevada!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast