Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
"WOODEN" Go Cutters >

"WOODEN" Go Cutters

"WOODEN" Go Cutters

Old 08-11-2011, 04:18 AM

Has anyone seen these before? They are wooden. I wonder how they work. The prices don't seem too bad. http://cgi.ebay.com/5-Squares-wooden...item1c1dd1850c
Old 08-11-2011, 04:24 AM
Power Poster

How interesting - the cost is good, but would it work so well, and without foam?
Old 08-11-2011, 06:14 AM

When I toured the Accuquilt factory, they gave me one of these. It was a by-product of making the dye. I would investigate further on these.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:24 AM

Going by looks, these are for use in the "professional" size machines. We had one at a local craft store that if you bought the paper you could use the machine. They no longer have the machine so have not tried it on fabric. They are placed on a large metal tray with the wooden side down, your paper placed on top and then the tray is rolled thru the machine.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 06:58 AM

I am confused. Why would you want wood? I'm thinking splinters, rough on fabric, possible pieces getting stuck in the cutter, etc. Think I'll stick with plastic.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BettyGee
I am confused. Why would you want wood? I'm thinking splinters, rough on fabric, possible pieces getting stuck in the cutter, etc. Think I'll stick with plastic.
all of the BEST dies are made with a hard wood and not plastic like the go dies are. Even the studio dies are wooden.

These on ebay are often "knock-offs"...they come with No warranty and No guarantee to work! often they are the ones that customers have returned and the company sells them to these guys at a really low price and they end up on ebay!

Do be careful and ask lots of questions before buying one of these!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lacelady
How interesting - the cost is good, but would it work so well, and without foam?
the foam is there..you just can't see it in this pix.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Katydid2
Going by looks, these are for use in the "professional" size machines. We had one at a local craft store that if you bought the paper you could use the machine. They no longer have the machine so have not tried it on fabric. They are placed on a large metal tray with the wooden side down, your paper placed on top and then the tray is rolled thru the machine.
not necessarily. I have these for my regular ellison machine..long before accucut decided to become accuquilt both Ellison and accucut sold these machines and dies to school/churches for bulletin board/class room projects. These wooden dies are a hard wood and will last for many years.

In the PRESS down machines you use them just the opposite. THe fabric is laid on the cutting surface and die placed on top and then you press down on the lever and it squeezes the die and cuts!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by BettyGee
all of the BEST dies are made with a hard wood and not plastic like the go dies are. Even the studio dies are wooden.

These on ebay are "knock-off"...they come with No warranty and No guarantee to work! often they are the ones that customers have returned and the company sells them to these guys at a really low price and they end up on ebay!

Do be careful and ask lots of questions before buying one of these!
Many thanks for clearing this up. I also want to thank you for all the other great tips you've posted. I've learned a lot from you.