Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
$199 Accuquilt Go cutter.. >

$199 Accuquilt Go cutter..

$199 Accuquilt Go cutter..

Old 01-09-2012, 09:50 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
Default $199 Accuquilt Go cutter..

I was just looking thru Joannes sales flyer - the GO is on sale for $199 if anyone is on the fence of buying one.. this is a really good deal..
Old 01-10-2012, 05:24 AM

My husband bought me one for Christmas, not quite sure it was worth the money. It seems to be great for applique. The dies seem to be quite limited. The only strip one I've found is 1 1/2 inches. Is it me?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:33 AM

I've gone back and forth on this machine. On one hand it would be easier to cut our binding stripes, squares and triangle however the cost of the dies and machine itself make it hard to purchase when I think of all the fabric I can buy. I know for some this works great b/c of hand problems and such.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

You can find dies at these places- they all have good prices right now.

http://store.quilting-warehouse.com/...FUdn5Qod6GersQ

http://www.joann.com/joann/search/se...go+dies&page=1

http://www.nancysnotions.com/categor...er+%26+dies.do
Old 01-10-2012, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by mummadee View Post
My husband bought me one for Christmas, not quite sure it was worth the money. It seems to be great for applique. The dies seem to be quite limited. The only strip one I've found is 1 1/2 inches. Is it me?
They have tons of dies. Go to their web site; maybe the stores in your areas are limited in their stock. The strips have several different sizes and it is so helpful for quilting as well as applique. My favorite one is for rag quilting, it saves so much not having to cut all of those little slits.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
They have tons of dies. Go to their web site; maybe the stores in your areas are limited in their stock. The strips have several different sizes and it is so helpful for quilting as well as applique. My favorite one is for rag quilting, it saves so much not having to cut all of those little slits.

I agree- its limited in my area as well..

However I LOVE my go.... I do have most of the dies.. None of the newer applique ones as Im not into the winter-scape ones.. I use my GO all the time.. When I got it years and years ago I would get new dies as gifts... I Put the ones I really wanted on a wish list and they ended up under the tree, for mothers day, valentines day, my birthday and Just because day.. I dont think the dies are that expensive if you use them as much as I do... Saves me alot of time and turns my scraps into usable pieces of fabric.. Less waste for me.. and saves me $ so I can spend it on more dies.. Plus the Accuquilt website has daily deals.. Some good and some not so good.. Also Amazon has dies at a decent price as well from time to time..

Last edited by luvTooQuilt; 01-10-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:00 AM

I got one for christmas with a bunch of dies, and I really have ot dug in and tried it, but what I did do I see alot of scrap, is there a trick on not wasting to much fabric, should I be cutting the fabric to size of the die, so there won't be too much scrap, and if I am going to be cutting alot to fit the die, what is the purpose of having it...don't get me wrong I am excited to have it, but I am a bit concerned of too much waste, fabric is expensive to begin with, any suggestions..
Old 01-10-2012, 10:48 AM

A couple of things; first of all take a black or red sharpie and out line the cutting line so that it's easy to see. Place your fabric just on the outside of the cutting lines so that there wont' be much wasted fabric. The other thing to remember is that cutting the grain is just as important now as when you are cutting by hand. There really isn't much wasted fabric but a lot of saved time. When I got mine I went thru all of my scraps and started cutting anywhere from 1 in to 5in squares and put them in to clear small totes. I now have them for projects from appliquing or quilting but they aren't scrunched up in a bag. The more you use it the more you'll love it and be glad you have it.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:49 AM

Go to youtube and search for videos on using dies. Does not have to be wasteful. Love mine.
Originally Posted by fabrichore View Post
I got one for christmas with a bunch of dies, and I really have ot dug in and tried it, but what I did do I see alot of scrap, is there a trick on not wasting to much fabric, should I be cutting the fabric to size of the die, so there won't be too much scrap, and if I am going to be cutting alot to fit the die, what is the purpose of having it...don't get me wrong I am excited to have it, but I am a bit concerned of too much waste, fabric is expensive to begin with, any suggestions..
Old 01-10-2012, 11:32 AM

Ebony Love does alot of AccuQuilt videos -Both for the Go and Studio.. Check out her website... I learned tips and short-cuts and How-To's from her. Also there is a Accuquilt Yahoo group you can join for assistance as well..

www.quiltpossible.com