Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 14 x 14 self healing rotating cutting mat.

T.

14 x 14 self healing rotating cutting mat.

Recently someone was looking for a rotating mat, I found a website today that has 14 x 14 mat (Friskars brand) for less than $ 30.00 ( plus shipping, about 10.00) I don't remember seeing this size in the store. But if you find it at Joann's, with the 40% coupon plus the 15% off your total purchase this week, you'll probably come out ahead

This is the quote from the website: http://www.cutratecrafts.com/product.php/sku/085317

OverviewFISKARS-Cutting mat rotates 360 degrees to easily trim all 4 sides of a block without repositioning fabric. Promotes safe handling of the rotary cutter
    -no awkward cuts. Self-healing cutting surface with easy-to-read graphics. 14 x14 size makes squaring 12-1/2 square blocks easy. Comes with its own re-usable storage bag with handles.

Blog Entries
    I have this and love it. Although I do prefer Olfa, I just couldn't justify the extra cost for the larger rotating one. I didn't want the smaller one. This is a good size for the blocks I make. I figured when it wore out, I'd cut up a regular Olfa mat and glue it on. It would still be cheaper that way.

I ordered a 12" lazy susan turntable (ball bearings) from ebay for $13..my sweetie attached it to plywood & I glued on a Fiskars 17 1/2" cutting mat (orig 22" from estate sale for $2)..woohoo...I call that 'almost free!! It is super nice size. You too can build your own...there are diff sizes of turntables.

I was in Walmart the other day , they have them , but really did not price them.

I have a 14x14 Fiskar's that I bought at JoAnn's a while back and it won't stay together. I called them and they said it is defective and they will replace it for free. I told them I had several more Christmas table runner to do for Christmas and the lady told me to send it whenever I was ready and it will not be a problem. How is that for standing behind your product? I am truly impressed and I really do love the mat.

Blog Entries
    These rotating mats sound like they would be soooooo handy, but....silly question....when you're trying to cut do they turn/wiggle any so that it makes it hard to cut? Sorry for asking but am imagining it to be unsteady when trying to cut. Please advise this ole gal!!

Blog Entries
    My Joann's would not let me use the 40% & 15% off coupons together.

[QUOTE=T.;5635374]Recently someone was looking for a rotating mat, I found a website today that has 14 x 14 mat (Friskars brand) for less than $ 30.00 ( plus shipping, about 10.00) I don't remember seeing this size in the store. But if you find it at Joann's, with the 40% coupon plus the 15% off your total purchase this week, you'll probably come out ahead

Quote Originally Posted by T. View Post
    Recently someone was looking for a rotating mat, I found a website today that has 14 x 14 mat (Friskars brand) for less than $ 30.00 ( plus shipping, about 10.00) I don't remember seeing this size in the store. But if you find it at Joann's, with the 40% coupon plus the 15% off your total purchase this week, you'll probably come out ahead

This is the quote from the website: http://www.cutratecrafts.com/product.php/sku/085317

OverviewFISKARS-Cutting mat rotates 360 degrees to easily trim all 4 sides of a block without repositioning fabric. Promotes safe handling of the rotary cutter
    -no awkward cuts. Self-healing cutting surface with easy-to-read graphics. 14 x14 size makes squaring 12-1/2 square blocks easy. Comes with its own re-usable storage bag with handles.
    I have this one and I like it a lot.

I bought mine at Amazon.com and got free shipping. Check it out. BTW I love it!

Blog Entries
    Amazon is $23.79 and free shipping if you get another eligible item to make total $$25.00.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast