Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3-D Have you seen

the new Hoffman 3-D fabrics? They look great. First time I've been to the website in quite a while and they have some cute patterns to go with the 3-D fabrics plus lots of other great patterns too. Check em out if you get a chance.

www.hoffmanfabrics.com

and then click on free patterns.

Have a very quilty day everyone.

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Hi there,
    I went to the website and hit free patterns. Some looked kind of 3-D but nothing jumped out at me. Were they marked as 3-D? :lol:
    Faith

are you referring to the "string" quilt patterns under 3D?

There's also this from the Home Page:

"View our most current collections Hoffman Bali Batiks and Hand-dyes in New Releases. You'll find our freshly launched "3G" Hoffman Bali Pops®, each pack filled with 2-1/2"-wide strips of yummy batik goodness!"

They have new fabrics that look somewhat 3d. I have to admit they're pretty cool :)
    Love that We Come in Peace pattern. I've saved a copy of it for my space loving son - added to my ever growing to do list!!

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    If you look at the fabrics in person with 3-D glasses, they really do look dimensional. And without the glasses, they just look like nice fabric, nothing weird or blurry or shadowed about them.

Our Hoffman rep came around about a month ago to show them to us, and of course she had her glasses with her!

And I did try looking at other fabrics with the glasses on, and they didn't look terribly different. So it must have something to do with the colors that they chose and how they arranged them on the fabric.

The ones I saw were marked 3-D. I think there were 3 of them. One was underwater; one was butterflies; and the third one was stars, moon, etc.

I didn't notice the Bali pops fabrics. Will have to check back and look at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
    Hi there,
    I went to the website and hit free patterns. Some looked kind of 3-D but nothing jumped out at me. Were they marked as 3-D? :lol:
    Faith
    When you go to the free patterns page, they are on the 3rd row. There are 3 of them marked as "Coming at you! Hoffman 3-D". They are quillow patterns but you could still use them as quilt tops.

:lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast