Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 45 minute quilt top

45 minute quilt top

Go to You Tube and type in 45 minute quilt and you will see how you can sew a quilt top using a jelly roll of fabric or cut your own strips. It is quiet interesting. Really neat idea for making quick quilts for any reason; charity, baby, gift, etc. Enjoy!
    Lizzy in La.

seen that, tried that ... but it took me much, much longer ... In fact, still working on the quilt. I cringe when I hear the words "it's so easy .....". It's like common sense .... common sense ain't so common. But thanks for the link.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

thanks for the link! I have been cutting some of my scraps into 2 1/2 inch strips. They are all different lengths, so it will take me a lot longer, but I am sure I can get some great tips!!

I bought 3 jelly rolls to make this quilt (friend said it would take 3 to make it queen size) but by the time I had sewed 1 jelly roll which took me about 3 hours I decided I did not want to make it queen size. It makes a nice lap size quilt and I can practice my quilting on it. Thanks for the link.
    Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by MaryMo View Post
    seen that, tried that ... but it took me much, much longer ... In fact, still working on the quilt. I cringe when I hear the words "it's so easy .....". It's like common sense .... common sense ain't so common. But thanks for the link.
    So glad to know I'm not the only one who took longer (like weeks, in my case!). Granted, this is quicker than lots of other patterns, but 45 minutes? I wish!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    I typed it in and could not find.HELP

I've made several of these quilts also for charity. They are easy to make.......
    dsews2

Quote Originally Posted by joann11 View Post
    I typed it in and could not find.HELP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bEJL...eature=related

Try "60 minute quilt" instead of 45. I made one, it was very quick but not 45 minutes or 60. I think Missouri Quilt might have a tutorial on it also.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    INteresting ... may have to try this technique ! Thanks for sharing
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast