Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Alzheimer/dementia patients, seniors, nursing home gift

Alzheimer/dementia patients, seniors, nursing home gift

I just came across this and it's such a thoughtful idea for someone who's getting older(like me) and slowly losing memories. You'd need access to pictures from their lives but what a great and interesting lap quilt it would be for them.

http://restyledjunk.com/2013/12/fidg...ory-lap-quilt/

Blog Entries
    LOve this idea and you did agreat job as we make alzheimers quilts for our local assisted living place.

Love this idea! My mother had dementia and never tired of looking at old pictures - she knew everyone! She had a photo board on her wall and we talked about everyone on there at least once a day :-)

I didn't make it, I just found it on the internet and thought what a terrific idea it was and wanted to share it. It must be so boring for someone who's in a nursing home, especially if they don't have family left but even if they do have family close, there's no way that they can be with them that often due to jobs, their home life, etc. I'm over 70 and have always had a poor memory, even as a child, so I've been very afraid that I might get alzheimers, lucky so far.

I made one for my bil.putting on different textures for him to feel....rick rack, key chains, beads,
    For ladies I have seen them made into aprons that one can wear and have all different things on them suited for a lady.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers