Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Amazing Craigslist fabric sale in DC area

$1 a yard! I don't know her personally but I just got back from her home, where I picked out (over) 220 yards of quilt fabric for...$220!

She probably has another 200+ yards left, a little yardage, mostly FQs and half yards.. If you're in the Washington, DC, area it might be worth your while to contact her for some pics of what's there or stop by for a look.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...517158626.html

Drats! I won't be in that area till October :( and DD won't go fabric shopping because she thinks I have a "problem" ha ha

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the post...just wondering if it is worth the drive for me from Columbia. can you tell me anything about her selections? florals, pastels, children's, brites, solids?? any info you would be willing to share would be appreciated.

Before I left there I asked her to take pics of what she had left and I'd post them here for her, but she hasn't sent me anything yet.

I would say there are a lot of dark florals, some asian prints and plaids. Her color palette is more toward naturals than brights. I took the 30s repros and the juveniles, but there weren't many of those to begin with.

It's definitely worth emailing her about, I think! I'd ask her specifically for a recent pic, and you can tell her Julie recommended her to you. I told her I would post the link since I didn't take everything. :)

Blog Entries
    Wow. I had the same experience today. Had to drive about 30 miles, but I found it on Craig's list. They had over 100 boxes ( the kind they ship reams of paper in) of fabrics, and you could fill a bag (the plastic kind you get in the grocery store) for $5. :-) The problem was that there was no rhyme or reason to how the fabric was sorted. I also think I arrived too late to get the best "stuff". :-( Fabric pieces were just thrown into boxes, all sizes and types. I couldn't find any big pieces of cotton fabric, but grabbed what I could find, and stuffed it into my bag. When I got around to washing it, it filled my oversized washer! Now I have plenty of choices for a scrappy quilt.
    Wish I had brought my camera along. You wouldn't believe the rows and rows of tables. Thought I was at a mini-Shipshewanna! What fun!;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieR
    Before I left there I asked her to take pics of what she had left and I'd post them here for her, but she hasn't sent me anything yet.

I would say there are a lot of dark florals, some asian prints and plaids. Her color palette is more toward naturals than brights. I took the 30s repros and the juveniles, but there weren't many of those to begin with.

It's definitely worth emailing her about, I think! I'd ask her specifically for a recent pic, and you can tell her Julie recommended her to you. I told her I would post the link since I didn't take everything. :)
    thanks for responding...i did not make it