Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Another Fabric Line Ending : Red Rooster Fabrics >

Another Fabric Line Ending : Red Rooster Fabrics

Another Fabric Line Ending : Red Rooster Fabrics

Old 03-24-2017, 08:22 AM

Default Another Fabric Line Ending : Red Rooster Fabrics

In an email from Over the Rainbow, received the message that Red Rooster Fabrics is another line coming to an end:

"Oh no.....ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST! We heard this week that Red Rooster fabrics are now closing down ....here's what was posted...

'General Fabrics Company has announced its decision to discontinue the Red Rooster Fabrics division.

Red Rooster Fabrics has been a leader in the textile manufacturing industry since 2002, responsible for producing quality cotton fabrics. "We feel this is the best strategic move we can make, given the volatile climate of the current marketplace." remarked CEO and Vice President, David Odessa. General Fabrics will move forward with the development and promotion of its other brands: P&B Textiles - specializing in Basics, trendsetting Digital, and creative art fabrics: and Washington Street Studio - the increasingly popular division specializing in authentic vintage reproduction fabrics by well-known historical textile experts.

'We are focused on strengthening our other divisions and look forward to offering our customers a more cohesive brand message as we become a comprehensive resource for beautiful, desirable, and sell-able fabrics." explains President and CEO Edward Odessa. All orders placed for Red Rooster Fabrics will be honored and fulfilled. Several collections planned for Spring 2007 introductions will be absorbed into the P&B Textile brand.
'

"We will miss their unique lines of fabric, but have decided to close out all the Red Rooster prints we have in stock......I've posted them all under the Fab Shop Hop Icon......Please note we won't be able to get more"
Old 03-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

What a shame! I loved using this line of fabrics.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:44 AM

I wonder just what 'given the volatile nature of the current marketplace' means.

edit

That is, does it mean buyers are more fickle and trendy, or more people have less money to spend?
Old 03-25-2017, 05:28 AM

Rats! I love Red Rooster! More and more fabric shops are closing stores because we are buying on line! Guess it has hurt the manufacturers as well.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:53 AM

I think the volatile nature of the business is everyone use to make their clothes, and home decor items. It was cheaper, and better. Now people have one or more jobs outside the home and ready made items are more affordable. God knows I purchase quite a bit of fabric, but not as much as my mother did. I also don't purchase as much at $12 a yard as I did at $8 a yard.
There's also a lot of brands of fabric. Kinda like jelly beans, there use to be Brach's, Jelly Belly's and Just Born. Now in addition there's Lifesavers, Starburst, Gimbals, Jolly Rancher, Mike and Ikes, and Laffy Taffy just to name a few. I'm bet Just Born make more on Peeps than their jelly beans and they probably will concentrate their efforts on the peep market. I think Red Rooster was the jelly beans in the PB Textiles peeps in the General Fabrics lines.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:16 AM

I have bought many Red Rooster Fabrics. I know I will miss this division.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

When one business leaves, another takes it's place. I think the newer lines like Cotton and Steel are getting the new quilter's interest. I know my DD and her friends like modern designs and strong solid colors in fabric choices.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:58 AM

So sorry to learn this. I LOVED Red Rooster fabrics.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I wonder just what 'given the volatile nature of the current marketplace' means.
That is, does it mean buyers are more fickle and trendy, or more people have less money to spend?
I think that's just the generic 'blame it on the economy-speak' of the day. Silly. The marketplace for fabric isn't any more volatile in nature than it was when they started business.

I'm sorry they are phasing out. I loved Red Rooster fabrics. One of the top lines.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:03 AM

I will miss those lovely fabrics. It is so sad to see the fabric company's I have loved go. I feel the rising prices for fabric have made so many have to cut back on how much they can buy and they have had to start looking for cheaper fabric or cut back on how many quilts they can make. We have been so lucky to have had so many choices of beautiful fabric it is a shame to lose any of them.