Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Another Way to Baste

Blog Entries

Another Way to Baste

Interesting, especially if you use Pinmoors and want to save money. http://sewingbymoonlight.com/2013/07...te-craft-foam/
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Blog Entries
    I have used the foam, erasers, earring backs, weather stripping, and ear plugs before. I haven't found anything that will take the place of Pinmoors for me.
    Got fabric?

I bought a pile of ear plugs off E-bay and they are dense enough to work very well for me. If you shop a little you can buy a bunch very cheaply.

Blog Entries
    I don't like using a utility knife on my cutting mat. I have a rotary cutter designated strictly for other crafts. how can the safety pins come out if they are secured like they're suppose to be. That's OK, I don't like the safety pins and don't feel like purchasing that little tool that helps secure the safety pin. BUT I do use foam. I have craft/makeup sponges, I've cut down. I can get them at the dollar stores.

Love the idea..thanks for sharing.

I saw something somewhere about using cut up hot glue sticks. Anyone tried that?

I still use thread mostly and spray baste occasionally.

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    interesting for sure .. Thanks for sharing
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt