Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone live by brookland park MN

anyone live by brookland park MN

I came across this and thought anyone near here might find it of interest.

http://www.srharrisfabric.com/about.html

Blog Entries
    I want to go!!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

This place is overwhelming. You tug bolts out of stacks, take them to the cutting table and cut off how much you want. Stick a label on it and go check out. Big warehousey thing. All types of fabric. It's a hoot to go there. Does take some work finding what you want.

I agree with Chaskaquilter. It is pretty overwhelming. I first went with a friend who was looking for Home Dec fabric to recover a sofa. Other trips have yielded great flannels for backs of quilts. It's fun to go, but pretty daunting.

It's a crazy place to go to. Fabric everywhere.
    Sewing keeps me out of trouble!
    Kathy

I would never have enough money to shop there. lol What a fabulous place. I could spend the whole day there. heck a week would be more like it.

Blog Entries
    If I only lived closer. It sure looks like a lot of fun. It might take me days to make up my mind though. Is it good quality fabric?
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

I started going to SR Harris back in the 80's when Zumba Pants were in and I had 3 sons to cloth. At that time the fabric at SR Harris was manageable. Then I hadn't gone there for quite a few years and last year went there with my husband and I was overwhelmed with all the fabric. Because of the way they stack all the fabric it was difficult to get the fabric out to look at it to see if it would work. i did end up getting several cuts of fabric but I haven't been back. The fabric is good quality. I also go to another discount fabric place in our area called Mill Ends and they have good fabric as well and not quite as overwhelming.

Blog Entries
    Been there !!! Way too many times. You need a whole day to go through it all. Hope you can visit sometime
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

it is a fabulous place--but i never go alone. i'm no little tiny thing--5' 10" tall--but i always need help getting "that" bolt out. i also find that i'm prone to sensory overload when i go there. sometimes there's so much that it's just overwhelming, and i just have to walk out. yup. just leave. fabric! and i leave it behind. there are sometimes too many people, too much noise, too much input. there are wonders to be found, though, if you're not afraid of the adventure!
    "life is a banquet, and most poor fools are out there, starving to death!"--"auntie mame"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast