Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Anyone used Terial Magic? >

Anyone used Terial Magic?

Anyone used Terial Magic?

Old 07-10-2013, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
I see "art quilts" and wedding florals using Terial Magic. Good info above! Yes, the stems are actually vases to change the flowers with the season.

Sandy
Terry will be back in September for the next "trends" show. Guess the powers that be didn't like my last comment on this. Too bad that it is allowed to plug the product but not how help people learn to use it. PM me if interested.. Oh and NO I am NOT affiliated with it..
Old 07-10-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
​Intriguing, sounds like something that would work well for raw edge appliqués.
The description says it washes out...so it wouldn't be a permanent solution to fraying issues...I am still trying to figure out exactly WHAT this product does that spray starch won't?
Old 07-13-2013, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
The description says it washes out...so it wouldn't be a permanent solution to fraying issues...I am still trying to figure out exactly WHAT this product does that spray starch won't?
It is NOT a spray starch. It it used to mold /form fabric for crafts...florals.
Sandy
Old 09-10-2013, 04:54 PM

Default Terial Arts website

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
I saw a demo for Terial Magic. It is great for making florals. No, I did not make this wallhangoping.
The florals are not stiff.

Sandy
This 3D Flower quilt pattern is available at www.terialarts.com. Terial Magic is not starch! Treated fabric has a nice hand (not stiff) that you can easily cut, sew, gather and finger-press AND it makes fabric fray resistant! It is wonderful for applique and raw edge quilting. The flowers and quilt layers are all single ply fabrics that have been treated with Terial Magic. Several quilt pattern makers are now using Terial Magic in their instructions. It is a fairly new product and is just catching on. Check out the website (a new website will launch this next week) which has how to videos, patterns, ideas and a blog. Thanks! Terry
Old 09-11-2013, 02:15 AM

Checkers calls it a 'very sturdy spray starch'. I would like to know what's in it chemical wise but couldn't find any details online anywhere.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:38 AM

I played with it last night. It really gets stiff! Did not gum up the needle either.
sandy

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...32969-277.html
Old 09-01-2014, 07:41 AM

After going to the emroidery machines lets chat and I saw where someone used it, I googled it. It says it can act like a stabilzer or heavy spray starch. It also says its good for treating fabric for cutting with electronic cutting machines like my Brother Cut n Scan. A 24 oz bottle is around 15 on Amazon. If you like it, I see where you can buy concentrated in large quanity and refil your bottle. Worth checking out. Amazon also shows similar products like one from Aileen.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:38 PM

I have used it for embroidery, especially for redwork designs. It makes the fabric stiff so you don't need to use really heavy tear-away stabilizer. For me it is worth the price, especially since I got it on sale.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:29 AM

You can purchase it from their site
Old 09-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62 View Post
Terry will be back in September for the next "trends" show. Guess the powers that be didn't like my last comment on this. Too bad that it is allowed to plug the product but not how help people learn to use it. PM me if interested.. Oh and NO I am NOT affiliated with it..
Sent a PM. I am interested in how to learn to use it. Sounds like a great product.