Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Aurifil thread sale >

Aurifil thread sale

Aurifil thread sale

Old 06-09-2014, 01:44 PM

Default Aurifil thread sale

I remember recently seeing a thread about about thread and Fat Quarter Shop has Aurifil thread for 20% off "all month long" per their Facebook page:

<i>NOTION of the MONTH: Our Aurifil threads and boxes are 20% OFF ALL month long! #sale http://bit.ly/1kGjncX</i>

Hope this helps someone!
Old 06-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Banned

That's nice... thanks for posting that!

....but.... (sorry...lol) .... they're just $9.48 at fabric.com all of the time... and with free shipping easy to get there, too.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by RipStitcher View Post

....but.... (sorry...lol) .... they're just $9.48 at fabric.com all of the time... and with free shipping easy to get there, too.
I'm glad we have a couple local shops that carry it. Its this price or a little cheaper and I can see it before I buy it.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:55 AM

What is it about this thread and why is it so expensive ? I just don't know about it.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by joym View Post
What is it about this thread and why is it so expensive ? I just don't know about it.
Its a long staple Egyptian cotton thread, 1422 yards on a spool, its a wonderful thread. Its also low lint.
Sharon
(Aurifl thread snob)

Last edited by purplefiend; 06-10-2014 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by joym View Post
When I was taking classes for civil war blocks I couldn't get my blocks the right size even though my cutting and 1/4 in was right. My teacher recommended this thread. With it being 2 ply you'd be surprised at the difference it made in getting my blocks the right size. Most threads are 3 ply. The Viking rep also recommended it for my Mega quilter because its a strong thread to quilt with. They have lots of colors, including varigated, low lint and really holds up. I've even used it in my emb machine when I didn't have the right color of rayon thread late at night. It deserves its great reputation.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:43 AM

I am an Aurifil thread snob too--love it--I've used the 50 weight #2600 lt grey for piecing but am now using the #2000 lt beige and I want to get some 40 weight for quilting. I don't quilt as much as a lot of the people on the board but I find the 1422 yards goes a long ways.
Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
Its a long staple Egyptian cotton thread, 1422 yards on a spool, its a wonderful thread. Its also low lint.
Sharon
(Aurifl thread snob)
Old 06-10-2014, 10:06 PM

there's a 20% off code for FQS. I wonder if it works on sale items. The code is missu564
Old 06-10-2014, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by RipStitcher View Post

I buy it on ebay-the seller I used before has it for $8.25 right now. Not free shipping, but pretty darn cheap shipping and she combines shipping for multiple auctions.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:37 AM

Depending of what kind of sewing I'm doing (free motion quilting, walking foot quilting, piecing or sewing binding) I use connecting thread (cheap but still good) or Aurifil (expensive but wonderful for fine job). I bought all my Aurifil from http://www.tristan.bc.ca. They don't have much left now, but the other brand they sell (Genziana thread from Cucini Tre Stelle) is the same high quality then Aurifil (can't distinguised one from another when you stitch two sample side by side) They have some grab bags and big cone that end up comparing to about 7$ CAD a spool. Not bad... Of course canadian shipping may be more expensive, but it may be worth to check.