Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: batik paydirt at Wallmart

batik paydirt at Wallmart

i am still in Geneva New York, just got back from Wallmart and bought 34 1/2 yards for $3.00 a yard and the fabrics are absolutely stunning. What a deal - oh happy days - and yesterday i bought my first featherweight-- thank the Lord I quit smoking

I am glad you got some nice fabric. Yes, it n ice you quit smoking, not only to save money, but hfaveyou ever smelled a smokers quilt?????

only smoked outside, but yes I have - uggg

congratulations on joining the ranks of non smokers I am going to run to my walmart tomorrow to see if they have the same $3/yd batik deal. They didn't have it on Friday when I was there.

WOW- WOW for you great buy.

Quote Originally Posted by qltinglady View Post
    i am still in Geneva New York, just got back from Wallmart and bought 34 1/2 yards for $3.00 a yard and the fabrics are absolutely stunning. What a deal - oh happy days - and yesterday i bought my first featherweight-- thank the Lord I quit smoking
    Featherweights rule! Lucky, lucky, lucky you!!!!! And what a score on your fabric... batiks? Wow!
    (Ż`v´Ż)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨Ż`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

Banned
    Blog Entries
    note about the "great" batiks at WM...they are not dyed, but done with paint...with dye on top, meaning they bleed like crazy...I tested 6 colors last week, none were worth the trouble it took to stop the bleeding! The PAINT also makes them difficult to sew. The stitches are very uneven!

Which would explain why the fabric is only $3.00 a yard. Sometimes you truly get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    note about the "great" batiks at WM...they are not dyed, but done with paint...with dye on top, meaning they bleed like crazy...I tested 6 colors last week, none were worth the trouble it took to stop the bleeding! The PAINT also makes them difficult to sew. The stitches are very uneven!
    What is it about the paint that makes the stitches uneven?

Blog Entries
    Yes I've noticed that our local Wal Mart is carrying some fabrics at 3$ per yard and they seem to be patterns that you don't find at JoAnns or the LQS-have used many in my quilts and they are just as lovely as the expensive fabrics I have used

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast