Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: blog gone private

I used to read this blog (http://dearfii.blogspot.com/). I loved seeing her hexagons multiplying. I even bought the plastic hexies so I could start my own hexagons for a quilt. Well, I haven't had time to read blogs in a few months, moving can do that. There was even a flicker group that had great pictures. And now I can't see it. She has gone private. If you know this person, I would like to be a follower of her blog. She even had the cutest kits that made very tiny broches with hexagons. Thanks.

Jan

Blog Entries
    Good luck!0

I think all you need to do is create a Google account and you will be able to request an invite to her blog.

I think since the new Blogspot privacy rules are stupid, you have to know the email address of the person running the blog. I think if you take the first part of the blog and then add @gmail.com and email her, you might luck out.

It's worth a try. I looked up the new Blogger rules and they changed how private blogs are handled.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
    I think all you need to do is create a Google account and you will be able to request an invite to her blog.
    I tried to access it via my Google account, but I don't see a way to request an invitation. Would you please give more details?

I have a google account and didn't see a way to contact her. I was hoping someone else here read her blog and could get me an invite. I don't really have any other information other than the address on the first post.

Jan

click on "home" and see where that takes you.

http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspo...earchable.html

according to this it appears that a private blog is a kind of personal journal and is meant to be private. i don't think it's easy to get into it at all. if you google private blogs, there's a lot of info out there.