Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Bloom sew along >

Bloom sew along

Bloom sew along

Old 02-01-2016, 05:25 PM

Default Bloom sew along

Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet is posting a sew along called Bloom. Supposed to be a new video every Mon showing a new block each time. I found the first block two Mons ago but cannot find the video for block two, which should have come out last Mon., or block three which should have come out today.
Does anyone know where I can find them?
TIA
Old 02-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

I Googled and found these:
http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/...block-two.html
http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/...ock-three.html
Old 02-01-2016, 06:00 PM

Yes, I saw the project....but I just printed out the info, patterns. I'll do it myself.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:18 PM

Lori had several tutorials way before the start of the Blooms project. I think this is one of the first ones from back in (I think) December: http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/...ng-pellon.html
Old 02-02-2016, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by GagaSmith View Post
Lori Holt of Bee in my Bonnet is posting a sew along called Bloom. Supposed to be a new video every Mon showing a new block each time. I found the first block two Mons ago but cannot find the video for block two, which should have come out last Mon., or block three which should have come out today.
Does anyone know where I can find them?
TIA
I don't get this. What exactly is free.... the instructions? The way I'm reading this, is that you have to purchase the templates. I don't see anything to download except for the instructions and the supply list. I'd love to make this for my granddaughter, but I can't figure it out! HELLLLLLPPPPPPP!
Old 02-02-2016, 03:47 PM

Yes, the bloom project is based on her template set....a bit pricey, but....they are really simple designs that can be drawn, as mentioned above. But it is a cute, calico- type quilt with a very simple design idea....I like the idea of using the fusible interfacing rather than raw edge....I think it gives a cleaner finish...just my thinking.

i don't think there are videos...just printed instructions...I think a new block each Monday,and the layout pattern
Old 02-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

WOW, I don't think I could keep up with a new block every week.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

Each block has a video somewhere near the middle of the page. If you do a ctrl/F ("find") on the page and type in video, you will locate them on the pages. On my computer when I bring up one of the block pages, there is a yellow indicator line on the scroll bar at the far right that seems to be a locator for the video.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:59 AM

Yes, I found the video for block one.....she does a great job of explaining how and why - and I ordered her set of templates...now to go to JAF and get some interfacing, that 1/4" tape maker and that turner-outer thingy.

She also showed a bolt of her fab that is separated into four different one-eighth prints.....so in that yard you get 4 prints..clever idea!