Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying presents for youself?

This time of year I do purchase something for myself for Christmas if it's something I really want or can use in the future.

I got my newsletter form EQ today and they have a sale on these two items and others, the ones I am getting are stand alone programs. In othe words you don't need EQ to use them. They are half price, a good deal.

I am getting this one, it sounds great. Seems like one could learn some new techniques and I am all for that.

http://electricquilt.com/Shop/BestofQN/Bestof2007.asp

Also this one, I love to paper piece and I love houses and these can be incooperated into a log cabin quilt which is still on my waiting list (the snake river by judy martin).

http://electricquilt.com/Shop/TC/TC.asp

Blog Entries
    I bought a new pair of embroidery scissors and a "Add a Quarter" ruler for paper piecing. I'm getting those and a new box a pins in my stocking this year. :)

DM, did you get the big ruler or the small one? I find I use both sizes all the time so I have both and new pins are always a must. I use the glass head pins as you dont' have to worry about melting them. I am ahead with pins.

I still like the flower head pins (for the lenght) even thought they are plasic flowers, they seem to withstand the heat a bit better but can melt.

Thanks Rosy! I just gifted myself with the Best of 2007 too. I'll probably open it before Christmas!

Sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosyhf
    DM, did you get the big ruler or the small one? I find I use both sizes all the time so I have both and new pins are always a must. I use the glass head pins as you dont' have to worry about melting them. I am ahead with pins.

I still like the flower head pins (for the lenght) even thought they are plasic flowers, they seem to withstand the heat a bit better but can melt.
    I got the small one. I figured it'd be 'less clumsy' to use. I haven't used it yet, but I've got to do a paper pieced border on a round robin.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchie
    Thanks Rosy! I just gifted myself with the Best of 2007 too. I'll probably open it before Christmas!

Sue
    Girl, I open all my presents hahahahh I'm to old for surprises hahahahahah....my nephew left us a christmas gift before they left (spent two weeks with us and his family)...the minute they left, I opened it. It was a gift card to Puplix for grocery and I have spent half of it already today lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnMarie

I got the small one. I figured it'd be 'less clumsy' to use. I haven't used it yet, but I've got to do a paper pieced border on a round robin.
    I bought the 18 inch one and cut 6 inches off so now I have a 6 inch and a 12 inch!

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnMarie

I bought the 18 inch one and cut 6 inches off so now I have a 6 inch and a 12 inch!
    What a smart cookie you are lol.

Glad to hear you bought yourself a present! So many times at this time of the year,I think we want too, but decide we shouldn't for whatever reason. I haven't but a I have been thinking about at a magnetic board for my sewing room. I seen it at Hancocks, will wait and see if they mark it down a bit more! So I might buy myself a present if the price is right! I have even considered buying another vintage machine, but we will see!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast