Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Be careful of new Singer needles for your vintage Singers

Blog Entries
    Thank you ArchaicArcane for the information. Have only used my 301 a little (recent purchase). Have lots of Schmetz needles for my Janome and didn't want to mess up the 301 by using a wrong needle.

I like Organ needles as well. I've never been disappointed or had a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I use Organ Titanium coated topstitch needles for all my machines. I order them when on sale from Superior Thread and Connecting Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by indymta View Post
    Thank you ArchaicArcane for the information. Have only used my 301 a little (recent purchase). Have lots of Schmetz needles for my Janome and didn't want to mess up the 301 by using a wrong needle.
    My pleasure! Just grab your regular needles (make sure they say 15x1 - which I'm sure they do, I don't think Janomes use a special needle of any sort) and go for it!! It's a great machine.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

Quote Originally Posted by indymta View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I have a Singer 301 (slant) and was told that the Schmetz needles wouldn't work because the length is different. Can those who own the 301 tell me what needles (and I guess bobbins) now that you use?
    I use Schmetz on my Singer 301 and have never had a problem. Try a topstitch 14 or 16 for fmq.

Blog Entries
    Singer 301 uses the same bobbins as Singer Featherweight.
    Got fabric?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltlady330 View Post
    I like Organ needles as well. I've never been disappointed or had a problem.
    I do too, I just ordered 10 packets from Amazon.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2