Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Check out the Cairo Egyptian Quilt Exhibition

Blog Entries
    Oh so interesting, thanks for showing these.

Blog Entries
    Awsome and not very expensive

Blog Entries
    WOW! Thanks for telling us about this, and thanks to QuiltingIn Nan for the link to Utube.

These remarkable applique artists should enter our quilt shows. Their designs are amazing, and their workmanship is, too!

I looked at all of the Utube videos and was blown away. They made me want to jump on a plane to Cairo to buy some of those beauties before they're gobbled up by collectors.

These are fabulous.......but the ridiculously low prices reflect the prices American needleworkers are offered for their work. The history of these hangings also pushes back the quilt timeline. The vibrant, harmonious colors, the arabesques and interlacing are used in an exuberant yet disciplined manner. I imagine patterns handed down through generation after generation.

The second video demonstrating pattern making, piercing, marking and applique method is very, very interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

So beautiful! I enjoyed learning a little about the techniques used.
    Sheri (zkosh)
    Those who can, teach. Those who canít teach get into some less significant line of work.

I sit amazed .... absolutely amazed at the workmanship in these beauties. Loved the techniques used - just cut a raw shape and stitch it to a chalked space on the background. And the needle punch on paper to get the symmetry ... just too simple for words.

Did anyone else catch the size of the scissors he was using to trim that piece of fabric to shape the fish?
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    Here we are 2 hours later - I checked out this link, and kept following all the others that showed up, Thanks!?

Blog Entries
    WOW!! What an AWESOME display of quilts. I can't even imagine the work that goes into making one of these, one of a kind quilts!! Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today. What an inspiration!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Oh wow! those are some beautiful quilts. It would take me a life time to make something like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2