Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Circle Templates

I've got this thing for quilting my quilts with circles. For my templates, I have a collection of template weight plastic ones which range from those meant for applique to the larger ones I've cut out myself. But a couple of Christmases ago, I gave myself the present of a set of nested acrylic circle templates.

If you've never run into these things, they are wonderful! And if you're not into circles, they also make nested squares, hexagons, diamonds, triangles and more. Check them out!

http://www.quiltersrule.com/template/nestedMain.html

You can use the nested Hexagons to make the Hickory Nuts in Eddie's tutorial. Just pick the size you want to use then go up two sizes for the bottom. If you are using them this way it helps to use masking tape and tape the two together. I'm hoping to get the circles for Christmas.

Power Poster
    Looks like a neat place!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for this link. I had no idea there were these things out there, and I love it that they do them 1/4in thick too.

Great link and I will
    have to order from them.

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    You can use the nested Hexagons to make the Hickory Nuts in Eddie's tutorial. Just pick the size you want to use then go up two sizes for the bottom. If you are using them this way it helps to use masking tape and tape the two together. I'm hoping to get the circles for Christmas.
    Rapture, I am having trouble wrapping my pee-brain around going up two sizees to make the hex nut frame. Wouldn't you only go up one size? Wouldn't two be too large?

Blog Entries
    What a lovely bunch of templates.
    And here I have been using found things like bottle caps and old CDs.

These are going on my "WISH" list when my kids ask what I want for Christmas, BD and other times when a gift is called for.

(Which is when I find something that I want for quilting!)

Quote Originally Posted by Marquilt
    I've got this thing for quilting my quilts with circles. For my templates, I have a collection of template weight plastic ones which range from those meant for applique to the larger ones I've cut out myself. But a couple of Christmases ago, I gave myself the present of a set of nested acrylic circle templates.

If you've never run into these things, they are wonderful! And if you're not into circles, they also make nested squares, hexagons, diamonds, triangles and more. Check them out!

me, too! i also have that circle set. i bought mine from them at a show. i have a few others of theirs as well. great templates.

Blog Entries

I bought from this company before . When the plastic ruler was broken in the package, they refused to replace it. I would never buy them again . They don't stand by their products! :thumbdown: :hunf:

Quote Originally Posted by skothing

I bought from this company before . When the plastic ruler was broken in the package, they refused to replace it. I would never buy them again . They don't stand by their products! :thumbdown: :hunf:

same experience. the ruler was broken when i opened the package and they wouldn't take it back.

lucky for me my credit card reversed the charge when i sent them the pictures.

i would never buy from them again or from any retailers that sell their stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast