Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Class for Free Motion uiltin and more >

Class for Free Motion uiltin and more

Class for Free Motion uiltin and more

Old 11-27-2011, 12:51 AM

Smile Class for Free Motion uiltin and more

In my email was a link for http://www.craftsy.com to take an online course for free motion quilting and alot more. Reg 59.99, but now on sale for 19.00. I signed up..wow..there is 10 chapters and about 7 lessons in each chapter. Its really great, so much to learn. Just thought I would share this is anyone is interested.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:22 AM

I looked at this and would love to know what you think as you take the course. My FMQ-if you can call it that is horrible. Yes, I know I need a lot more practice but with so little time to sew period I never get to it. I thought maybe a class would give me more structure.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Blueyeswv View Post
In my email was a link for http://www.craftsy.com to take an online course for free motion quilting and alot more. Reg 59.99, but now on sale for 19.00. I signed up..wow..there is 10 chapters and about 7 lessons in each chapter. Its really great, so much to learn. Just thought I would share this is anyone is interested.
Must have been a real short special...only thing I saw was, Machine quilting with FMQ for $59.99
Old 11-27-2011, 05:11 AM

Just checked, no sale that I could see. Thanks for the site link though, lots of interesting stuff.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:17 AM

I'm taking that class, too. I haven't gone very far yet (busy holiday time right now), but I've already picked up some good pointers. I wouldn't pay full price for it, but at the discount price, it's worth it.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by MissM View Post
Must have been a real short special...only thing I saw was, Machine quilting with FMQ for $59.99
Try this link for sale 19.99 http://www.craftsy.com/class/Machine...9C71890.marley
Old 11-27-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by blondeslave View Post
I looked at this and would love to know what you think as you take the course. My FMQ-if you can call it that is horrible. Yes, I know I need a lot more practice but with so little time to sew period I never get to it. I thought maybe a class would give me more structure.
I love it... Wendy goes from begining to end on lots of details and making of a quilt..she teaches free motion, with lots of different patterns..threads, fabric.

You can ask questions in the class and post pics of quilts to share or get help on. It never expires so you can go back any time you want. I have never tried free motion, so thats why I wanted to take this course. I have learned alot and ready to give this free motion a go.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:37 PM

No special price that I can see. Boo Hoo!! Would have tried for lower price.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
No special price that I can see. Boo Hoo!! Would have tried for lower price.
Try www.mccallsquilting.com. I subscribe to this web site and it offers the class for $19.99. Just bought it----woo, hoo.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 AM

Default $19.00 on line course

Originally Posted by Blueyeswv View Post
Caught the sale and am up to chapter 4. So far so good. Looking forward to the FM chapter.