Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Coffee Cup Quilt Shop in Central Indiana >

Coffee Cup Quilt Shop in Central Indiana

Coffee Cup Quilt Shop in Central Indiana

Old 04-29-2016, 05:21 AM

Default Coffee Cup Quilt Shop in Central Indiana

Good Friday morning! I had to stop in this morning and share a new to me quilt shop. I must say I'm quite embarrassed that it's new to me since the shop is in the next town over and it's been in business about 3 years. I had no clue it was there until about 2 months ago! I really need to get out more. First let me say I'm in no way affiliated with the shop, just a very satisfied customer that wants to share my quilty finds.

CoffeeCupQuilting is in Trafalgar Indiana on state rd. 135. If you pass through this little town there's only one stop light in the entire town. Turn west at the stop light and look for the red barn behind the tiny strip mall.

The owner Claranna is super friendly. We talked for two hours and I could have talked longer, she made me feel as if we'd known each other for years. What makes this shop so special is it's a non traditional quilt shop focusing on the love of quilting and not the overpriced designer fabrics. Yes I love and buy designer fabrics, but you gals that know me also know that I will use just about any fabric in my quilts. Shirts, sheets and jeans, if I can put a stitch in it, it'll make it into one my quilts. She carries good name brand fabrics that aren't your so called popular brands or prints. And her prices for these named brands is super low about half the price of a traditional quilt shop. She also offers longarm quilting services. I'd love to see her business become a huge success due to her struggles at being a non traditional shop.

Here's a link to her facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/coffeecupquilting/ Hop on over and give her some quilty love if your all about quilting and not designer fabrics. Tell her Podunk sent you!

~ Lea Anne ~ (aka Podunk)

Last edited by leatheflea; 04-29-2016 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:08 AM

Lea, thanks for sharing this!. Trafalgar is just up the road from Columbus where I am. I can't figure out why a town the size of Columbus can't have a quilt shop? But I will be checking Coffee Cup out for sure.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:39 AM

There was a sewing machine shop on 25th street in Columbus that had a small selection of fabrics. It been a two or three years since I was in there but she said there was a plan to expand her fabric selections. Do you know the shop I'm talking about? Hobby lobby in columbus has started carrying robert kauffman solids. I bought a whole bolt(15yds) with a coupon for $60.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

​Looks delightful!
Old 04-29-2016, 09:17 AM

Yes Sew Crazy is the one on 25th st but they still do not have many fabrics. They must rely on machine sales and classes. Hobby lobby is my first choice too.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:07 PM

I got the heads up from your blog earlier today and looked it up on Google. I plan to visit my sister later this year and will have her drive me to Coffee Cup -- Greenfield doesn't look that far from Trafalgar. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-01-2016, 03:13 AM

2 1/2 hrs south of Ft.Wayne. Looks like a road trip to me Thanks
Old 05-01-2016, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
Lea, thanks for sharing this!. Trafalgar is just up the road from Columbus where I am. I can't figure out why a town the size of Columbus can't have a quilt shop? But I will be checking Coffee Cup out for sure.
Open one up!

Sandy
Old 05-01-2016, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Open one up!

Sandy
If I were younger Sandy, I would consider it. As of now, I am looking forward to the time when my grandkids are all in school (I babysit them) so I have a bit of time to myself to sew!
Old 05-01-2016, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by sandy l View Post
2 1/2 hrs south of Ft.Wayne. Looks like a road trip to me Thanks
You know about Zinck's in Ligonier, I hope sandy l? That is one sweet place to shop for quilt fabric at great prices!