Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: connecting threads deal

I love connecting threads fabric and thread. Yesterday they printed a real deal on fabric that is not first run. $2.28 a yard. IF I had the money I would get some. It is crocked along the seams. Says it has 35 inches of good fabric per yard, however if you make string quilts like I make the crocked would not matters. I could use the whole yard. I would think it could be used for other things also. I am hoping there is still some around when I have the money to buy some. I would love to have a yard os each one. They suggested that the 35 inches of usable fabric sould also be used as binding. Take a look those of you who are not familiar with connecting threads. Also, I jus love their cotton threads. I find it as good as Guttermans ans is $2.49 a yard for 1000yards.

Wow! GREAT DEAL!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Is it on the online sight?? I "visited" yesterday :)

Blog Entries
    Look in the closeout : fabric section.

noticed that fab is seconds...that's why so affordable

I stated it was not first run. For someone looking for fabric that first run is not necessary,, like in string or other scrappy quilts this would give a considerable savings.

Okay, so I'm not up on the fabric lingo. What is "first run", "second", etc? What's the difference?

Actually, I had to have some fabric replaced from the last big sale. It was run incorrectly and besides being crooked the print was off and white showed through the design. If it were just crooked for this price that's great. But I hope the colors aren't printed off, too? It made my piece unusable. They promptly replaced it quickly and it's in transit.

Thanks for the heads up!

First run fabric is the quaility fabric. Second fabric would be the fabric that is not of highest quality. I have never had a problem with them but I get the feeling that they would make everything right. /they have a nguilting board that is called Quilt With Us that gives good information. Some of the employees belong to the baord and will answer questions for you.

What is "crocked"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast