Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Connecting Threads Essential cotton thread on sale

Connecting Threads Essential cotton thread on sale

Connecting Threads has a sale on their Essential cotton thread spools...on sale for $1.74 per spool.
    Lynn

Nope, not me. The quality is not good. Besides, I buy Presencia (which my machines love) for $1.69 minus the employee discount at the LQS where I work.

That is a really good price. I use essential for all my piecing and for quilting my charity tops (I tend to use Isacord to do my own quilts, as I like really tight quilting and need a thinner thread).

My machine loves the essential and I haven't found it any more linty than every other cotton. I did have a knot in it once, but I've found a knot in Aurifil too, so they happen...

I've been using this thread for quite a while and haven't had any problems with it, actually, I like it just fine. I know there are others who don't and that's okay, but for those of us who use it and like to purchase it while it's on sale, I hope this post helps.

I might also add that i have a very large collection of antique and vintage machines, and a couple of newer ones, and I have never had a problem using this thread.
    Last edited by Surfergirl; 06-26-2012 at 05:44 AM.
    Lynn

I like this just fine, too, but then again... I'm not horribly picky about my thread (the one thing I'd not picky about re my quilting... LOL!). I especially like to use it in my bobbin.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Love the price, but my new machine doesn't like the quality. Drats!
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfergirl View Post
    Connecting Threads has a sale on their Essential cotton thread spools...on sale for $1.74 per spool.
    I use it all the time and just got new catalog but didn't see any of the thread on sale. Will have to check website. Thanks for the info.
    quilting with my dogs

I've never had any problems with Essentials cotton threads, have 2 of the big cones, my machines all like it just fine.
    I can't use some of the other threads in my older machines as the top thread breaks.