Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Cool Binding Tool >

Cool Binding Tool

Cool Binding Tool

Old 10-11-2012, 08:29 AM

Default Cool Binding Tool

Ok so call me a gadget girl...but I came across this binding tool I've never seen and since I love love my quilting gadgets I was going to purchase it, BUT!!!!! She only sells it in the US. Oh well no biggy. But I thought I would share with everyone else in case someone else likes their quilting gadgets as much as I do.
http://tangledthreadsbydebbie.danemc...inding-thingy/ she even has a video you can view...

Quilty Hugs
Brenda
Old 10-11-2012, 08:50 AM

I cannot get the video to work. And the picture is way to small for me to get anything out of it to see what is going on.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:54 AM

It is almost like the Quilter's Boot (which is about $8). The Quilter's Boot does several different angles.....the 45, 90, 60, 120, and 135. I can't remember the website, but your local shop can order it from Checker. The Quilter's Boot was demoed at the Checker Open House in August. It's pretty nice. I did pick one up from the designer at an AQS show. I think her website is something like Time To Quilt or something. I hope that helps a bit. Oh, and Checker sells to shops internationally, so have your local shop look into it, or contact the woman who designs the Quilter's Boot. If you can't find who designs it, PM me and I will look in my stuff to help you more.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 AM

I'd be more inclined to go to the dollar store, buy a package of 2 thin cutting board mats, set one aside for template use, then make my own "quilters boot" using my rotary cutter and cutting mat lines, then marking it with permanent marker. lol Yeah, I'm cheap. I can find much better uses for my $10! lol

Actually, I just fold up binding at the corner, then set the edge of my seam ripper where I want the fold and pull the binding back down. Perfect every time, no extra "tools" needed!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEAcMPrBtNI
Old 10-12-2012, 03:09 AM

I do send them to Canada!! and if you are having a problem with the video please let me know... FYI -this binding technique is not like the boot method...let me know if you need more info
Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
I cannot get the video to work. And the picture is way to small for me to get anything out of it to see what is going on.
Don't click on the you-tube picture....go down to the bottom of the page and click on the words that say something like watch here. I was able to watch the video. If you click on the icon inthe far right corner, it will expand the screen to a full screen.
It looks neat...you are mitering the corners so one doesn't have to make the stitches in the corners.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:03 AM

Nancy's Notions is selling it today, Friday, 10/12, for $7.00.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2 View Post
For me, it said "video has been removed by owner".
Old 10-16-2012, 12:24 AM

I think this is a " not so blatant" attemp to sell...it belongs on a different section