Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Copyright - The Rest of he Story (at least for now)

Blog Entries
    Kate Spain has a rebuttal on her website that I happen to run across on my email newsletter. So there you have it a silly feud. Fabrics are becoming complicated.

Blog Entries
    very interesting!!!! thanks

Blog Entries
    Yes Kate makes lovely fabric's and lovely fabric's are made to be used in quilts. I would think copyright means we cannot print this fabric, we cannot copy the pattern of the fabric on lunchbox's, stationary or other thinks. This pattern that Miss Kate created was not copied but used as fabric is intended to be used. So I find this whole copyright thing sad. No laws were broken and that is why there was no lawsuit. Is it nice to name the designer of the fabric, certainly and yes it is respectful. However, all Miss Kate had to do was maybe ask to be recognized next time or just let it go.
    Create something beautiful from scraps.

Wow. Fasinating read! And one that highlights why I like THIS site. I have never seen the type of snarkiness (if that is not a word it should be) demonstrated on those blogs here! Thanks to all here for creating a forum where questions can be asked and differences of opinion are met with acceptance!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2