Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
cornstarch spray link >

cornstarch spray link

cornstarch spray link

Old 10-08-2013, 09:10 PM

Thumbs up cornstarch spray link

http://www.butterflycottagepatterns....#comment-11671

also this was a comment on another site:

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 7:10 am I’ve been doing this for several years, and have a tip I thought I’d share.
Without some sort of antimicrobial/antifungal agent, this concoction will sour and spoil relatively quickly, even in the most temperate conditions. However, GSE (Grapefruit Seed Extract) is a powerful antibacterial/antimicrobial/antifungal agent. Adding just a few drops into your mixture will keep it from souring so it will last much longer–and you won’t get all that slimy buildup in the spray bottle from it turning.
You can buy it on Amazon for under $15 for a large bottle these days. But you probably will only need a small bottle to start. If you get some time, Google “GSE”. You’ll find that it’s a very versatile product–used for everything from healing cold sores to helping balance pH to cleaning wounds to–you name it. It’s very, very potent, though, so never use it full strength. A drop or two at a time is all you need.
Also, if you have to use it orally (and there are so many reasons you might want to), it tastes pretty bad–no, REALLY bad–on its own. But, for some reason, soy milk completely masks the flavor of it. Because what good is a cure if you can’t get it down the hatch? Orange juice makes it taste less potent, but I find the soy milk to completely neutralize its taste.
Anyhow, happy concocting!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:27 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

thanks for the link! always good to have options and a backup plan for when ya "was sure I had more spray starch". lol
Old 10-09-2013, 12:25 PM

My quilting guild uses what we call "George", don't ask me why. The recipe is 1 gallon of distilled water, 1 cup of cheap vodka, 21 drops of lavender oil. Remove 1 cup of water from the gallon, add the vodka and oil, and shake well. It lasts a long time w/o spoiling and makes nice crisp finishes on fabric. It doesn't flake, can use several light coats, won't stick to iron & smells nice. (girl at grocery where I bought cheapest vodka I could find wanted to make sure I wasn't drinking the stuff, said she could recommend something better for drinking, got a good laugh out of this when I told her what I was going to use it for)
Old 10-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

It is also awe for cleaning mold....I buy mine at the local health food store...