Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you buy Layer Cakes... now there are Cake Mix Recipes to use with them

Blog Entries

Do you buy Layer Cakes... now there are Cake Mix Recipes to use with them

They are from MODA and are pretty clever. http://blog.modafabrics.com/2017/01/weve-got-cake/
    You lay the paper on the layer cake, sew on the lines, and get perfect blocks every time. Pretty clever.
    Here's a link to how they work http://www.fatquartershop.com/cake-mix-recipe-1
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Power Poster
    ​Pretty clever!

Interesting. There are some cute quilt patterns. Who thinks up all this stuff anyway?

Interesting. Love the idea -- I work with grid paper all the time so I may try to make my own.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    I saw that and may buy a packet to see how they work since I have a few Layer Cakes that have to be used.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Thank you for sharing the links about Cake Mix Recipes. I didn't know about them.

I liked the moda fabrics video where the quilt maker snaps her fingers to cut and assemble the blocks. It reminded me of the show, Bewitched, where she touched her nose and magic happened.

I have always liked Moda fabrics and have purchased a lot of them. I think this concept is a really great innovation. It is true that you could do this the traditional way- but if you had a couple of layer cakes on hand and needed a quick quilt-why not take a short cut. I love the idea.

Yes, MSQC, Jenny did a tute using this awhile back, but I don't remember the title......

The idea is good but personally I find lots of inspiration on the Moda Bake Shop site. You can search for layer cake "recipes" and they are free.

Sounds like a good idea to get perfect blocks. Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast