Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Does anyone have the brothers embroidery machine >

Does anyone have the brothers embroidery machine

Does anyone have the brothers embroidery machine

Old 11-25-2010, 06:14 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t54b0...eature=channel

This is cheaper at Walmart...under 700.00...I was just looking at this and thinking it would be awesome for doing blocks and tags. Does anyone have one?? If so do you use it often? Is it easy to use? Is it worth it?
Old 11-25-2010, 06:19 AM

I have a more inexpensive Brother SE350, use it all the time for embroidery and labels. Very easy to use. I had mine stitching out a pattern a half hour after I took it out of the box. Mine uses the PED card to download off the internet. Some have a USB port but my computer is not close enough for that to work.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:27 AM

I looked at that one too...its both a sewing machine and embroidery machine. Its a lot cheaper than this one...not sure if I want it to be a sewing machine, thinking it may break more???
Old 11-25-2010, 06:38 AM

I have not had any problems with mine and I have had it nearly 2 years now. It is easy to convert, Just slide the Emb modual off and change the foot. The one you are looking at has a bigger hoop size, Mine is 4x4 but I find it plenty big enough. Do Tshirts, towels, quilt blocks, and have even done a quilt with it. Let me tell you there was nothing safe in the house when I first got it, I was even eying up hubbys underware! LOL
Old 11-25-2010, 08:27 AM

I have a brother Disney SE270? {i think} that I bought at Walmart.com. Does embroidery as well as sewing and has the option of many attachments through Brothermall.com including a larger hoop for the embroidery. Paid $400.00 about 6 years ago and it sews and embroiders like a charm. Also lightweight {about 15 lbs}.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

That is a nice little machine. You will like that it has a 5 X 7 hoop too :D:D:D
It is a plus that it hooks up to the computer, the cards can be more spendy, than downloading designs off of the net :wink:
Old 11-26-2010, 05:40 PM

I have one I got for 1/2 price. I have used it and I carefully followed the instructions. It works great. I have had no problems with it. My Kenmore broke and had to be sent to the repair shop so I took the Brother out to piece a quilt top and it sews like a dream. i love all the bells and whistles!
Old 11-27-2010, 07:34 AM

I have a Brother from 2001. Still embroider on it often. I have looked at this machine at JoAnn's, and I think it's a great deal. And yes, you should use it for regular sewing also. It's sturdy. Get everything out of it that it has to offer. The Internet has so many free designs, you'll never run out of inspiration.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:31 PM

I have the Brother SE2700 Disney and love it - been making Christmas stockings all weekend for the girls in my department. Easy to use and duh! opened the manual for a quick review and since I am a beginner quilter was thinking I was going to have purchase another machine - and mine does quilting! Boyfriend is in heaven! doesn't have to buy me a 2nd machine (little does he know). btw I received mine as a gift from my Mother for getting a divorce! (she didn't like him lol)
Old 11-28-2010, 07:40 PM

I have had the Brother 700II for about a year and it has performed flawlessly. Just finished an mixed embroidery/pieced block quilt for my coming great-grandson. The secret to successful embroidery is to use he correct stabilizer and enough of it to prevent stretching or movement of the fabric. I love Brother machines!