Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Double Wedding Ring Tips

Double Wedding Ring Tips

Lately I've been thinking about making a double wedding ring quilt but have had a hard time figuring out where to start. I found a book with a template set, but didn't really want to trace it out on the fabric and then have to cut it by hand (I would have made a horrible quilter without the conveniences of a rotary cutter and templates).

Here are a few links that I have found to help me out should I chose to take on the task!

http://www.joscountryjunction.com/as...ng-ring-quilt/
    http://www.joscountryjunction.com/ti...ng-ring-quilt/

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Check out the video at Quilt in a Day. It's under Egg Money Quilts. I did that method and it turned out beautifully.

Blog Entries
    If you would like to consider a more "modern" construction technique you may be interested in this: http://www.quiltsmart.com/Pages/mo_d...dding_ring.htm
    I used QuiltSmart to make a mariner's compass last year and it was a lot of fun.
    Wendy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
    Hmm, I think I have that template and book by demonstrator.......somewhere in my sewing cave.....expedition time! Loved that video.....really miss that program......have never done a DWR......

Thanks for the link...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis nm View Post
    Wow, I think even I could make one with her method. I have never done curves in any quilt. Now I think I could try this.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results are your fault. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    I have two that I started years ago and have never completed them.. I don't remember now why I have two.. I think I started one on my own, then a class came available and I took the class and never did finish either one... I think I should just give them away and get them out of my life, they are back there haunting me...

Blog Entries
    Years ago probably 8-10 now, I purchased Cheryl's book "Rings That Bind" it came with the arc template at the time, and I used her method and template to make a DWR for my daughter . The process was quite easy and the quilt turned out beautiful, the fabric I chose was shades of green-her favorite color- with mauve for the corner squares. I used a pretty cream for the center and found some great fabric at Wal Mart- the only place we had at the time to purchase fabric (Now our local WM doesn't carry fabric), the fabric was cream with green specks, scattered all over it, that I used for the backing- I didn't have to piece it, because that fabric was fabric that went with a pre-printed fabric of a DWR, and was wide enough to be used for a queen size quilt. The method was quite easy. I know the book went out of publication some time ago, and any you could find was ridiculously high, but if I remember correctly she has brought it back. I'm not where I can get to my book currently to get you the address, but you can do a search for Cheryl Phillips site she is from Colo. and type in rings that bind. If I remember I paid almost $40.00 for the book and template- most I ever paid for a book, but DD wanted a DWR quilt and had been asking for several years- she doesn't sew and I knew I didn't want to cut tiny squares and sew them all. have no idea what the cost is now. Have fun. I think you will enjoy using this method.

Thanks for the info...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast