Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Downy/ Quilts for Kids Commercial is ready. >

Downy/ Quilts for Kids Commercial is ready.

Downy/ Quilts for Kids Commercial is ready.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:05 PM

The new commercial for Downy/Quilts for Kids is out. You can view it on Youtube. Just search, Downy Touch of Comfort. This is the documentary that I am in. Mostly my large tummy, but that is me at the ironing board top right. I am wearing pink. I am also the headless one passing out quilt packets.

You can also see it on http://www.Quiltsforkids.org at the bottom. Where it says Documentary/Downy

I am told that it will be played on Martha Stewart at 8am on ch 20, Monday, March 1st in Houston.

It is almost 8 minutes long and really brings home why we make these quilts.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

Thank you for posting this (((HUGS))) it IS such a worthy cause... It really brings home some memories for me, we have had many babies/kids in the hospital and the little quilts that were handed out really were "bright spots" not only visual...but very memorable...they have become treasured keepsakes :D:D:D
Sometimes that is one of the few things the parents have to bring home from the ICU if the little ones don't survive....
I hope to continue making these quilts for quite some time.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:17 PM

yay, that is what Im doing today ;-)
Old 02-27-2010, 04:55 AM

I ordered my quilt kit and am just waiting for my "squishie" to arrive-can't wait!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:12 AM

I already made 3 of them. I need to send out the last 2 I have done. I ordered another 2 to do too. I am so grateful that you posted this commercial. It literally brought tears to my eyes. I am glad we can all help out!
Old 02-27-2010, 11:35 AM

I had the same reaction the first time that I watched it. My DD lost her rt lung to cancer at 21 and my DS had the bottom of his rt lung removed at 15 by Tx Childrens to remove a bulla or cyst on the outside of his lung that can turn to cancer later. I was a wreck and cannot imagine having to go thru this with a small child. It would be torture.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:33 PM

I just finished my first one, and have ordered two more. I also just got a girlfriend to order one, and I'm going to help her put it together.

How cool would it be to get to deliver them? :)
Old 02-27-2010, 04:42 PM

Loved the video.
Our quilt guild has a small group of quilters that make Quilts4Kids in our community. We collect fabric, batting, thread, and money for quilts. We even just landed a fabulous work room (free) in a local Methodist Church so we can work there three days a month. We have several large tables set up and a bunch of us bought machines at garage sales to leave there so we don't have to haul our stuff with us. Since 2000, we've made/ distributed over 6,000 quilts.. in our local area. So sad that so many kids need hugs. We distribute to over 20 agencies in town, including hospitals, fire trucks, group homes.
We just can't believe how many quilts we get done while gabbing and eating!!! Sue in Missoula MT
Old 02-27-2010, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gomeyer
Loved the video.
Our quilt guild has a small group of quilters that make Quilts4Kids in our community. We collect fabric, batting, thread, and money for quilts. We even just landed a fabulous work room (free) in a local Methodist Church so we can work there three days a month. We have several large tables set up and a bunch of us bought machines at garage sales to leave there so we don't have to haul our stuff with us. Since 2000, we've made/ distributed over 6,000 quilts.. in our local area. So sad that so many kids need hugs. We distribute to over 20 agencies in town, including hospitals, fire trucks, group homes.
We just can't believe how many quilts we get done while gabbing and eating!!! Sue in Missoula MT
You gals rock!!!Keep up the good work.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 AM

I just found out about this and ordered up packets to make for me and my bff Cathy. Such a great idea I had to join in even though I'm off to the hospital tomorrow. Maybe by the time I get home the kits will be here, sure hope so!!