Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Dry Iron Option

  1. #1
    Super Member Stitchnripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,120

    Dry Iron Option

    I was just browsing through my Vermont Country Store catalog and they have a dry iron in there for $29.95. The item number is 42277. I don't have this iron but I remember we have discussed the pros and cons of irons in general and also of dry vs. steam option. Their catalog is a lot of fun.

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    S. Texas
    Posts
    1,110
    I don't steam until I am finished but any steam iron is a dry iron without water. I wouldn't see the need for 2 separate irons.

  3. #3
    Senior Member pjustice63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ky/Florida
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by mucky View Post
    I don't steam until I am finished but any steam iron is a dry iron without water. I wouldn't see the need for 2 separate irons.
    No holes in sole plate.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western Wisconson
    Posts
    335
    Blog Entries
    1
    I bought this iron several months ago and LOVE it! It is heavy and no holes!
    Makes pressing starched fabric a breeze.

  5. #5
    Senior Member ranbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Belton, Tx
    Posts
    518
    I went to their online store and could not find it.
    ranbro

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Orange Park,Fl
    Posts
    909
    I bought my iron from the Vermont Country Store.I love this iron. Easy to clean.Heavy but great to use.Buy it you will love it

  7. #7
    Super Member Latrinka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Iberia, Louisiana
    Posts
    6,181
    When my black and decker poops out.
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

  8. #8
    Super Member Stitchnripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,120
    Quote Originally Posted by ranbro View Post
    I went to their online store and could not find it.
    Neither could I. Maybe out of stock or only available by calling? 1-800-564-4623

  9. #9
    Super Member wendiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    No. California
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    I was just browsing through my Vermont Country Store catalog and they have a dry iron in there for $29.95. The item number is 42277. I don't have this iron but I remember we have discussed the pros and cons of irons in general and also of dry vs. steam option. Their catalog is a lot of fun.
    I have had this iron for two years and it is great.....would definitely recommend it for a solid plated iron.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Keene, New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,271
    I never use steam and my go-to iron is a relic, belonged to my best friend's Mom. It has the old cloth black and white covered cord.
    Another friend, fearing my panic when Mrs. N's iron finally goes, bought me the VT Country Store iron.
    I love it for all the reasons already stated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.