Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
The Easiest Tumbler Quilt You'll Ever Make! >

The Easiest Tumbler Quilt You'll Ever Make!

The Easiest Tumbler Quilt You'll Ever Make!

Old 12-20-2010, 04:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I watched that video a few days a go. Like you I dont want to pay for something so simple. I bet you could make this out of plexiglass. Plexi is easy to work with. just score it with a razor knife and give it a good swift hit while hanging it over the edge of the table and it breaks right on the line you scrored a few times. You could enlarge this pattern to almost any size with your printer. http://quilterscache.com/T/TumblersBlock.html
:thumbup: DH has made MANY templates for me out of plexiglass. The last one made was the Twister....haven't used that one yet but all the others he's made work beautifully!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:34 AM

an easy inexpensive way to make templates is to take the paper pattern use cement glu and glu it to template plastic you can get at JoAnns then glue that to a piece of sand paper and you have a wonderful template that will not slip or slide
Old 12-20-2010, 05:40 AM

Thanks for sharing..I love the Missouri Quilt Co. Tutes.
dottie
Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 AM

I ordered the tumbler template and a deal of the day charm pack and love the ruler. Pieced a table runner in about 35 minutes with the two of them. It is a slick ruler to use. I want it to make quilts at church. I am really happy with it.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I've made several tumbler quilts and never had a template. I just take whatever size square I want and then cut from one corner to the bottom moving in an 1" to an 1 1/4". It works fine for me. I usually take my stack of squares, measure in the amount I want and then run a marker down the side of the stack. That way I don't have to measure each one.
Wow! that is so cool! just cut a bunch with your technic, thank you!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I've made several tumbler quilts and never had a template. I just take whatever size square I want and then cut from one corner to the bottom moving in an 1" to an 1 1/4". It works fine for me. I usually take my stack of squares, measure in the amount I want and then run a marker down the side of the stack. That way I don't have to measure each one.
I thought of doing this too. It would really be pretty easy & no need for a template.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lystra
I love the Missouri Quilt Co. tutes.....wonder if you could make a template of this ruler without buying theirs.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvEQE...eature=recentu
If you happen to have the Accuqilt GO fabric cutter, they have the tumbler die and you can cut out a quilt in no time. I've made one and want to make more.