Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: easy method for quilt as you go

  1. #1
    Super Member joym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    md.
    Posts
    1,378
    Blog Entries
    121

    easy method for quilt as you go

    check this out: www.baysidequilting.com I tried this and it is so easy. I do not have the tool. I just cut my batting one half inch short all the way around. Also, I did not stitch all the way to the edges so that I could join blocks. I am just amazed with this method as I have struggled so long unsuccessfully with machine quilting and trying to get the quilt sandwich FLAT and smooth. Made my day.
    Last edited by Up North; 02-25-2013 at 03:39 PM. Reason: fixed link

  2. #2
    Junior Member Suzette316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    220
    Thanks for the link, but it won't work as a clickable link as your dots (after the "com") are highlighted as well. I just copied and pasted, deleting the dots to go to the link, but if you could go back and edit your post, it will help others to just click on it.

  3. #3
    Super Member dakotamaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South central Nebraska, US
    Posts
    5,258
    Went to their home page. What exactly were you looking at?
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!



  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Oregon Coast Range
    Posts
    46
    I, too went to their home page and looked for quilt as you go but could find no reference.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid View Post
    Went to their home page. What exactly were you looking at?
    I couldn't find it either???

  6. #6
    Super Member PaperPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,750
    Blog Entries
    2
    Are you talking about "fun and done"?

    https://www.baysidequilting.com/stor...idCategory=284

    It is very easy to do, but I personally do not like this method at all. I found it very difficult to get the pattern to line up from one block to the next. I took a class and the instructor just said 'they don't line up'. This is the only quilt I've never finished.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

  7. #7
    Super Member joym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    md.
    Posts
    1,378
    Blog Entries
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
    Are you talking about "fun and done"?

    https://www.baysidequilting.com/stor...idCategory=284

    It is very easy to do, but I personally do not like this method at all. I found it very difficult to get the pattern to line up from one block to the next. I took a class and the instructor just said 'they don't line up'. This is the only quilt I've never finished.
    yes, fun and done.....................aww, I understand what you are saying. I did it on a scrappy quilt so there was no lining up (matching patterns)

  8. #8
    Super Member joym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    md.
    Posts
    1,378
    Blog Entries
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Milli View Post
    I couldn't find it either???
    sorry, "fun and done"

  9. #9
    Super Member joym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    md.
    Posts
    1,378
    Blog Entries
    121
    it is www.baysidequilting.com "fun and done"

    Quote Originally Posted by joym View Post
    check this out: www.baysidequilting.com.......I tried this and it is so easy. I do not have the tool. I just cut my batting one half inch short all the way around. Also, I did not stitch all the way to the edges so that I could join blocks. I am just amazed with this method as I have struggled so long unsuccessfully with machine quilting and trying to get the quilt sandwich FLAT and smooth. Made my day.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    314
    Thanks!
    gonna check it out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.