Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Easy way to sew the hexagon s by machinenwithout cutting in half - video

Blog Entries

Easy way to sew the hexagon s by machinenwithout cutting in half - video

Blog Entries
    How easy is that! Now I just need a GO Baby or an Accuquilt. Maybe someday. I keep debating how much I would use one. HUMMMMMMM!
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Thanks for sharing! It looks so easy!!

Quote Originally Posted by vondae View Post
    How easy is that! Now I just need a GO Baby or an Accuquilt. Maybe someday. I keep debating how much I would use one. HUMMMMMMM!
    Me too. I want one so badly, but I can't justify the cost of one right now. I'm not sewing that much, so therefore, I'm not quilting nor cutting fabrics that much.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs

Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. ~ Allophones Karr

I think I could persuade myself to buy the Go baby, but it is the cost of those dies that boggles my mind and keeps my hand out of my pocket.
    Yooper32 aka: Donna B

Cost of the dies is really not that high if you shop, there are several web sources or Joann fab when they run 25% off. Consider the amount of cutting you can get from die-almost uncountable-compared to replacing rotary blades....and less wear and tear on your shoulder/arm/back muscles. I shopped until I found the best price then bought the GO and now have accumulated a lot of the dies and do not regret any of it.

Looks like it would really be worth the cost. I haven't made any hex quilts yet. Not sure if I would actually use it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I have saved so much money not having to buy rotary blades - the price of the dies are really not that bad when you add up what you spend normally on templates and rotary blades. It also save a ton of time. I also have done quilts that I would never have done like the dunkards path - I love my Go and Studio.

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
    Just a heads up to folks reading this......it is just an advertisement for the GO! Equipment. If you don't have that set up then this video isn't useful, lol!
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

The cost of the dies has always made me stop and think on these, too - plus, this is the first video I have seen that doesn't waste much fabric with the cutting - meaning, she just really fit that piece of fabric well to avoid waste. I am still new to quilting and taking off in so many art forms to try that I don't think it would be an economical purchase for me right now - but they are neat.

Marysewfun
    Marysewfun
    Have a great day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast