Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Errors in the BLOCK magazines by MSQ >

Errors in the BLOCK magazines by MSQ

Errors in the BLOCK magazines by MSQ

Old 10-07-2014, 01:01 PM

Default Errors in the BLOCK magazines by MSQ

If you have subscribed or purchased a BLOCK magazine, it is possible there are errors in the patterns. If you join the Quilting Forum at MSQ, the errors are listed by magazine release (winter, spring, summer and fall). I have printed out the corrections and added them to the respective magazine issue. Happy quilting !!
Old 10-08-2014, 02:49 AM

I have all issues -- where do you find the list of corrections? Like you, I would like to put corrections in respective books.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:02 AM

Every magazine has errors?
sandy
Old 10-08-2014, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Every magazine has errors?
sandy
Looks that way....

Just got an email yesterday stating the next issue will be in mail in several weeks and my cc has been charged.....am thinking of canceling after the upcoming issue......
Old 10-08-2014, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Looks that way....

Just got an email yesterday stating the next issue will be in mail in several weeks and my cc has been charged.....am thinking of canceling after the upcoming issue......
I feel the same way. I sent an email to them stating just that. I asked them not to charge my cc before the magazine is mailed.
I also think that by now they should have the kinks worked out so that there are not so many errors in each magazine. I might even understand if there were 1 or 2 errors, but there are many!
Don't get me wrong, I love Jenny and the MSQC, but enough is enough.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

Uh, every quilt magazine has an errata page on their website. All of them. Examples:

http://www.fonsandporter.com/magazine_corrections.html
http://www.quiltmaker.com/pattern_correction.html
http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/bl...ag/correction/

They don't send emails or post go check our corrections. It's up to the customer to go find it. I bet 99% of the subscribers never check out the error page before starting a quilt from any magazine. At least MSQC has a forum that will alert you to the errors.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:07 AM

I think that when you pay good money for a magazine, it IS up to the publisher to notify the customers of the mistakes. It would be different if it was a free magazine, but it is far from it.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:26 AM

I think the magazine is very nice but I haven't been using them so I cancelled my subscription.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:34 AM

I love that new magazine. No advertisements and I love reading the comments and the stories. All the quilts are easy ones and very pretty. I do enough difficult patterns and sometimes it is a relief and more relaxation to find something easy and fun to do. I found the errors with no problems and also printed the page and inserted it into the magazine to which the error/s was made. I love all quilt magazines but this one has become my favorite and I cannot wait for it to get here. Keep up the good work Jenny--you're my kind of woman!! The normal everyday type--you never put on any "airs." Thanks.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:41 AM

LOL....have you ever seen the Errata for some of the books published?
This is a case where the proof reader needs to be a quilter who has never seen the project before and actually makes a quilt from the directions.......the final version of the directions, after the photos and such have been inserted.

difficult to catch all the typo mistakes...but the corrections are available on line and it is best to check before buying fabric because the yardage is one of the mistakes I have seen most often in books.

agree 100% AnnEliz...like a visit with a sister who is a quilter.

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 10-08-2014 at 08:44 AM.