Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ever heard of "Pinmoors?"

Blog Entries
    I'm new to quilting & have only made two small quilts (40 x 50). I used long pins about 1 1/2" to pin and then machine quilted, and none fell out. My 'newbie' question is why are pinmoors or any type of ends needed?

Quote Originally Posted by glorcour
    Hi Ladies

I dislike the inconvenience of safety pins and how the mechanism hurts my fingers. For a long time I have used a version of this pinmoor method. I went to the dollar store and bought four white rectangular erasers for a dollar and cut them into little cubes and use them on the end of the pins. Not too small and the pins stay where put until I remove the eraser end.
    I have enough for largish quilt for $2.00. What a deal!!!! Better than $20.00 for 50 ends. Use your money for fabric

Gloria
    You are so clever. This is sure worth trying your way. These new little doo dads are always pricey.
    Great idea.

Blog Entries
    thanks ever so! Looks so easy to use.

I've ordered a set of these. They should last a good long while. I hate getting stuck with pins. lol

Blog Entries
    Now that school supplies are on the shelve, you could buy the cheap pencils and take out the erasers. No cutting.

That is so neat!! I swear one day I will invent something simple like that and have people saying "Why didn't I think of that?"

Quote Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
    That is so neat!! I swear one day I will invent something simple like that and have people saying "Why didn't I think of that?"

Hey cps, have you seen these anywhere in Lafayette? Or are they just on her website? I'd love some of those.

I just heard about these today. However, I think I might try the eraser instead of the pinmoors. I am sure they are really pricey and I don't want to buy any if I do not have to. Come to think of it, DGS has erasers around here that I could probably use.

I have used Pinmoors for several months now. I love them, they are so easy to put into my pins. They stay on and I see they will last my lifetime. I did try some of the things I have heard here and they fell off. Pinmoors are made of silicone and stay put. I think after you all try try them yiu will see what i'm talking about.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinmoor
    I have used Pinmoors for several months now. I love them, they are so easy to put into my pins. They stay on and I see they will last my lifetime. I did try some of the things I have heard here and they fell off. Pinmoors are made of silicone and stay put. I think after you all try try them yiu will see what i'm talking about.
    Exactly how I feel. Pinmoors are made to do one job and they do it better then anything else I've tried. Save yourself a world of frustration use the Pinmoors. It's the only way I baste now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2