Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Excellent Resources for EVERYONE on Adolescent Depression and Mental Health Disorders >

Excellent Resources for EVERYONE on Adolescent Depression and Mental Health Disorders

Excellent Resources for EVERYONE on Adolescent Depression and Mental Health Disorders

Old 06-16-2011, 04:53 PM

This is such important information and I hope some of you will find it useful and helpful as parents, educators, health care providers, etc

Today I attended Day 2 of a 2 day conference led by Dr. Stan Kutcher, an internationally-renowned expert in the area of adolescent mental health and a national and international leader in mental health research, advocacy, training, policy, and health services innovation.

His website, Teenmentalhealth.org is an award-winning website dedicated to helping improve the mental health of youth by the effective translation and transfer of scientific knowledge. Teenmentalhealth.org is developed by Dr. Stan Kutcher and the Sun Life Financial Chair in Adolescent Mental Health. He has a blog and if you go there you will find many resources/checklists that are excellent to use with adolescents.

The wealth of information is unbelievable and it was truly a very informative day...we have a great deal to do with respect to educating our youth about the stigma around mental health disorders and depression. We caregivers and parents have to become better at identifying the symptoms, understanding the diagnosis, and treatment and even what to do with relapse....it was a great day...I will certainly be using this information and hopefull will be able to better recognize this terrible illness in adolescents.

http://tmh.thinkfresh.ca/
Old 06-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Google Goddess

thanks for the information
Old 06-16-2011, 04:58 PM

Nice website! I work with mentally ill adolescents; these are excellent resources for schools, families, churches, and mental health professionals.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

Looks like an excellent resource - I have bookmarked it. Mental health is a seldom discussed but unfortunately growing problem in our society....Anything that helps our communities understand and learn about this is welcome and valuable. It's not only teens who need our help in this area, males in rural areas of Australia have also been identfied as at risk in a recent health report. Thanks so much for sharing this....in one way or another we are all touched by this.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 PM

As a grandmother of one, I have been baffled by how she views the world... and me! Thank you for posting this website.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:20 PM

Thank you!