• Links and Resources
  • exploding block video >
  • exploding block video

• exploding block video

Old 04-18-2014, 04:45 AM

Loved it and thanks for sharingit.
    Pat
    Old 04-18-2014, 09:17 AM

This is great. I saw the tutorial last week and since I need many potholders for a Church Bazaar I thought I'd give this pattern a try. Depending on the size of my center block, I added one or two more squares. Then strips of fabric all around. I felt the strips stabilized the bias edges and when finished the potholder actually looks like I had used bias
    I wish I could download pictures. Maybe my grandson will do it for me on Easter
    Old 04-18-2014, 04:22 PM

Doris in the U.K. , today I made a 9 block little quilt for a newborn. It did not take long as the top was done in
    2.5 hours. I did use spray sizing before opening/pressing the triangles, kept them under control but did square them up. I like how it softens the squares aka points cut off.
    Love your scrappy ones and will keep them in mind for my give a way, a good stash buster.
    Old 04-18-2014, 05:56 PM

I have made a couple of quilts using this method, before I saw Jennies video.However, I started with the 4", then the 5" was on top of that, next was 7 or 71/2 can't remember, then a 9" block. When done this way the finished blocks
    really go together beautifully and makes a lovely quit. If you use more additions than Jennie did, would not recommend starting wit a center or first block larger than 4". I first used a 6" block using my method and when it finished out the completed block was an 18" square. This is a quick and easy quilt to do.
    Old 04-18-2014, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    oh, thanks.... i didn't realize that the corners are lost.... not for me, then.
    Nan, when the entire block is finished you really don't notice the corners being gone that much. I too have problems with my corners and points meeting, but when I did this block and made a quilt using it, the quilt was so pretty and looked great. When I used my method an ended up with a 12" finished block, there was another pattern showing in the quilt. I think if you try it, you will really like it.
    Old 04-18-2014, 08:46 PM

I think that when you are done it looks like the corners are supposed to be gone--as if you have rounded them off. It does look "neat".