Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Fabric.com free spirit/Westminster assortment? >

Fabric.com free spirit/Westminster assortment?

Fabric.com free spirit/Westminster assortment?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM

Default Fabric.com free spirit/Westminster assortment?

Has anyone tried the 1/2 yard assortment of free spirit/Westminster fabric from fabric.com? Seems like a good stash builder, with a guarantee of quality fabric even if not all what I would pick out myself. I've googled and only found one picture of a bundle and it was decent enough. Thoughts? With a 15 or 20% off coupon it would only be a few bucks per yard.
http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....9-243f3a90f56a
Old 04-12-2012, 02:53 PM

Looks like a great deal - even with out the coupon its half price so its only $ 4.00 yard and you get 7.5 yards - I would say go for it.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by misskira View Post
Has anyone tried the 1/2 yard assortment of free spirit/Westminster fabric from fabric.com? Seems like a good stash builder, with a guarantee of quality fabric even if not all what I would pick out myself. I've googled and only found one picture of a bundle and it was decent enough. Thoughts? With a 15 or 20% off coupon it would only be a few bucks per yard.

the "at random" would stop me. You might get 15 pieces you love---------but you might hate every single piece
Old 04-12-2012, 03:39 PM

Thanks for posting this. I'm not as much interested in the 1/2 yd. assortments as I am about the Kaffe Fassett charm packs shown along the side. I love the reds and blues. I will have to see what other colors they have.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by misskira View Post
Where is the coupon? is it on the Fabric.com site? Is it good on the sale bundles?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:30 PM

You could always sell/trade any you don't like. I'm tempted to get some myself, but I'm kinda mad at them, they shorted me some fabric and I can't get customer service to tell me if they are going to replace it with a new piece or refund me the money- I keep getting form emails. Strange because their customer service is usually really good for me.

Anyway, if anyone does ebates, remember fabric.com is 4% cash back, so that's an even better deal!
Old 04-12-2012, 04:31 PM

I haven't bought that particular assortment, but I've bought several of their remnant assortments. There have only been 2 or 3 pieces of fabric that I didn't care for*, but I was thrilled with the vast majority. Awesome quality, too, and the pieces were quite large. You get approximately 9 yards of fabric for $19.98 (pre-coupon).

Here's a link: http://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabri...d-29889bf8fb7b

*There was nothing at all "wrong" with the fabrics that I didn't care for. The colors and/or designs just weren't to my tastes. For example, I got a plaid piece once, and I'm just not into plaids that much. I gave those few pieces to someone else, who was thrilled with them.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:16 PM

The remnant assortment is tempting too... Hmmm.

I think I'll go for the 1/2 yard one at least.i need some fillers for the craftsy block of the month quilt so they don't have to be my favorite prints. If the a any I really don't like I can use them to practice quilting with anyways... I can hardly get solids for that price so it won't be a waste. Or they can become quilted pot holders.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:22 PM

I got a couple of assortments like this a couple of years from Jinny Beyer & was quite happy with them. In fact, I wished I'd bought more but they were already sold out. There was quite an assortment & I ended up using almost all of it. Just my 2 cents worth...
Old 04-13-2012, 07:07 AM

Well I bought 2. Hopefully they're worth it! 15 yards of print, plus 2 yards decor fabric and 2 yards kona snow for just under $70 shipped, not bad! 20% off code is AMZN20 ... I found it by googling.