Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Fabric sale from Craigslist - Northeast Cincinnati Suburb >
  • Fabric sale from Craigslist - Northeast Cincinnati Suburb

• Fabric sale from Craigslist - Northeast Cincinnati Suburb

Old 01-16-2014, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom
    I have an appointment on Saturday afternoon. My quilt guild is having a sewing day in February. We are hoping to piece at least 15 quilts of Valor. We need backing for them. We do have access to get it for wholesale, but this would be better. We also make doll blankets for Salvation Army, so hopefully we can get some good stuff. I will let you know.
    Take more pictures we can all drool over.
    Old 01-18-2014, 03:36 PM

I went to the fabric sale today. SHe had a ton of stuff. Fabric was $1 a yard. Some was quilt shop fabric, some wasn't. Most of the batiks were gone by the time I got there. She had a featherweight that was $50. It needed cleaning up and a new cord. She had the foot control and the plug end of the cord. SHe said it worked. There must have been 200 books. A lot were signed by the author. There was a Dear Jane and Carol Doaks 50 paper pieced stars book I don't think had ever been opened. I have both. I almost bought them to resell.
    I bought about 55 yards of fabric, a ruler and 10 books. Also a jelly roll and a Gingers snip scissors. All for $60. When she measured the yard of fabric she was pretty generous so there is probably more. I also got a kit for a table runner. It is the stained glass type but you use gold instead of the black leading in it. The gold bias tape was marked $18 a pack she threw those in for free. I couldn't bring it in the house because I will have to sneak it in. DH and DS were both here. I am off on Monday so I will bring it in then.
    !2 yards of it was a white on white fabric, 5 yards of white with a little gold star. There are some blues and reds to make backs for the Quilts of Valor Quilts. I like to piece my backs so they are prettier.
    Old 01-19-2014, 10:03 AM

Wonder why she was selling it so inexpensively? Seems like she could have doubled her prices and still been reasonable.

Originally Posted by meanmom
    I went to the fabric sale today. SHe had a ton of stuff. Fabric was $1 a yard. Some was quilt shop fabric, some wasn't. Most of the batiks were gone by the time I got there. She had a featherweight that was $50. It needed cleaning up and a new cord. She had the foot control and the plug end of the cord. SHe said it worked. There must have been 200 books. A lot were signed by the author. There was a Dear Jane and Carol Doaks 50 paper pieced stars book I don't think had ever been opened. I have both. I almost bought them to resell.
    I bought about 55 yards of fabric, a ruler and 10 books. Also a jelly roll and a Gingers snip scissors. All for $60. When she measured the yard of fabric she was pretty generous so there is probably more. I also got a kit for a table runner. It is the stained glass type but you use gold instead of the black leading in it. The gold bias tape was marked $18 a pack she threw those in for free. I couldn't bring it in the house because I will have to sneak it in. DH and DS were both here. I am off on Monday so I will bring it in then.
    !2 yards of it was a white on white fabric, 5 yards of white with a little gold star. There are some blues and reds to make backs for the Quilts of Valor Quilts. I like to piece my backs so they are prettier.
    Old 01-19-2014, 11:35 AM

meanmom, I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of this! Oh, if I only lived closer...