Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Farmer's Wife Series

Farmer's Wife Series

If you have ever wanted to join in the fun of the Farmer's Wife quilt sampler, but don't want to make all 111 blocks (!), this blog is having a series that uses inspiration from the Farmer's Wife quilt to make smaller, more everyday sewing projects (like pillows and bags) that incorporate the blocks. It seems worth checking out! Follow the link for a much better explanation.

http://loveaffairwithmybrother.blogs...fe-series.html

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the link.

thanks for the link. I have 22 done and keep getting sidetracked with other things.
    Patricia

I would love to try this and since it is for smaller projects it would be a perfect for me. Thanks for the link!

For those who have taken on the Farmer's Wife, are the patterns in the book correct? I think I would like to try it, but was badly burned by the Jennifer Chivarini (Sp) Sylvia's Bridal Sampler - It was so frustrating to have to redraft the patterns?? Look forward to hearing from you about this.

steelecg,
    Having completed over half the Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks, using Marti Michel templates and not the ones in the book, I can say I am not having any troubles. The templates are expensive, but then quilting is not a cheap hobby. I had them from a prior project. Try a few blocks and see if you like it. If I could figure out how to do so, I would post a few blocks
    here somewhere.
    Su H. in Vancouver USA
    Su H.