Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Finger Tips Cracking from working with fabric  Here is my solution >

Finger Tips Cracking from working with fabric Here is my solution

Finger Tips Cracking from working with fabric Here is my solution

Old 04-10-2015, 06:30 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

If ingredient labels bother us, there is VERY LITTLE manufactured product that we would use. Just sayin....LOL
Old 04-10-2015, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the info....
Old 04-10-2015, 11:47 AM

Urea helps break down dead skin . . . like the skin along the side of cracks, etc.

On a crazy note, my great grandmother always told people to pee on their hands and let it dry--another way of getting/using urea. Grandma Kramer was German, lived on a farm, died in about 1975 at the age of 94. She swore by this method of making hands soft. I've never tried it, but knowing how urea works, I have no doubt it would work.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:33 PM

I use udder cream and it usually prevents the cracking, but when it does happen, I use Carmex. It is for chapped lips and fever blisters, but it heals the cracks, usually overnight.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Power Poster

I got my sampler pack. I really like them all except the night cream and that is only because the scent is too strong for me. The others in the pack smell nice. I could tell a difference after two uses especially on my elbows and feet.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by midwestmarykay View Post
Urea helps break down dead skin . . . like the skin along the side of cracks, etc.

On a crazy note, my great grandmother always told people to pee on their hands and let it dry--another way of getting/using urea. Grandma Kramer was German, lived on a farm, died in about 1975 at the age of 94. She swore by this method of making hands soft. I've never tried it, but knowing how urea works, I have no doubt it would work.
Another crazy note. My grandmother's youngest child had horrible thrush all in his mouth and throat. No Drs near by so she took him to a very old lady who know cures. The woman dipped a cloth in a pot and swabbed the baby's mouth. She said it was urine. My grandmother said she almost fainted. The thrush cleared up almost over night. My grandmother said when she did tell a Dr. about it years later she was told it was all nonsense. She still believes the urine saved the baby from agonizing pain and I suppose he was.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

oh my, that makes me cringe. Who knew? Oh well, I too try many things to help my hands and cuticles.