Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: FMQ with Singer Clone straight stitch machine - outstanding

FMQ with Singer Clone straight stitch machine - outstanding

I have just found these links on another forum and thought I would share with you what can be done with the most basic of machines. He works on a Chinese Singer clone treadle machine. It makes me realise how much I rely on the machine, and not on my own skill!

He draws the design in pencil first: fabric is tightly hooped and moved around manually. No stabiliser is used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl5pf...=ULZey5I288jYY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zey5I...=ULrl5pfrK40iw
    Last edited by bigbrownowl; 01-07-2013 at 03:12 AM.
    W.C. Fields

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

wow. that is impressive. Am I seeing it correctly that there isn't any type of FMQ foot on either machine? Just the needle? thanks for sharing.

Yes Stichnripper. What you see is what he is using. No special foot, no drop feed, just a needle, a hoop some coloured thread and some very impressive stitchwork!
    W.C. Fields

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

I am doubly impressed. I wonder how much practice it takes and how long it would take me to learn how to do that? I do have a class 15 treadle and I was happy to have pieced a top with it. The idea of no foot intrigues me.

No foot, definitely keep 911 on speed dial!! Especially at my house! Beautiful work. It is amazing when you think about it how spoiled most Americans are.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Reminds me of a 3 day workshop I took with the lady from Sulky on free hand embroidery about 25 years ago. Of course we did not do anything that impressive. I feel terrible I cannot recall her name. I did not keep up with freehand machine embroidery after I go my first embroidery machine, but did like doing it.

It's lovely, but I don't think I'd have the patience for that. Thank heavens for Janome!!!

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing!