Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Found marvelous quilt calculator >

Found marvelous quilt calculator

Found marvelous quilt calculator

Old 02-05-2017, 09:24 AM

Thumbs up Found marvelous quilt calculator

I don't know how I missed this before and I'm sure many of you smart people already know about it. I just found a marvelous, free, online calculator at this link: http://www.quiltersparadiseesc.com/Calculators.php

In a matter of minutes I had all the calculations I needed for amount of fabric for the top, the amounts for two borders and the amount of fabric and how many strips to cut for the binding(I had a choice of widths of binding also).

Wonderful! I hope you find it helpful too.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Power Poster

Nice. But I've never calculated how much fabric I need. I cut until I have enough to finish the quilt. I piece backing fabric until it fits.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:25 AM

I usually go by patterns which tell me how much fabric to buy. I have a panel I want to add to and this calculator really made the process very quick and smooth.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:53 AM

thank you for posting this link. there are several calculaters here & i've played with & saved all to my bookmarks. there are several sites on web with various calculaters ..all are great, but quiltersparadise has one for every facet of the quilt design/fabric needs process. i've designed my own quilts since before my first eq program, since before i learned to use pc. calculater & graph paper ...this whole quilting thing has gotten sooooo much easier now. i can get to the fun part of the process so much sooner ..cutting/stitching & voilá!!
Old 02-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Thank you so much for sharing - what a very useful link.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:26 AM

Thank you for sharing!
Old 02-07-2017, 03:01 PM

Thanks for posting. It looks interesting but I am a bit cautious when I use a calculator. I make sample blocks out of the same fabrics that will be in the quilt, then I (normally) change the pattern a bit sometimes at the beginning but more often when I am half way through so all of my calculations are way off. This does not even take into account the mistakes I make (I should not cut/piece when tired - sigh). I usually feel safe if I add 1/2 yard per color. Now with the Accuquilt Go I am trying to learn how much waste to calculate into my measurements.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:40 AM

Thanks so much for sharing. Even if we have seen the link before, some of "us" tend to forget where we found it.