Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free motion foot

Free motion foot

I thought someone else might be interested in this. Amazon has the free motion foot in the link below for a very reasonable price. Even though it says it is a Singer part, I went ahead and ordered because it looked very similar to one I have on a Kenmore. And it worked out that it does fit my Kenmore 385.19233 (made by Janome). So it could possibly fit some of the Kenmore 158's out there too or other low shanks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Serita

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Serita

Correction: I have a 385.19153 not a 385.19233, if that makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by slbram17 View Post
    I thought someone else might be interested in this. Amazon has the free motion foot in the link below for a very reasonable price. Even though it says it is a Singer part, I went ahead and ordered because it looked very similar to one I have on a Kenmore. And it worked out that it does fit my Kenmore 385.19233 (made by Janome). So it could possibly fit some of the Kenmore 158's out there too or other low shanks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Serita

I was really happy and surprised that it worked so well. It is all metal too. I think the picture might have shown some plastic, but the one I bought was from clicking where it says 10 new from .01 or something like that. I also bought some of the same vendor's Madeira thread, 50 wt, in a beige that I want to try out for free motion.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the link !
    4 Grandsons and 2 Granddaughters==Happy Gran and GranDad

I know sometimes I find things just by accident and also like to check out links and resources here for things I would never know about otherwise.

Thanks for the info.....

The Singers it's made for are low shank machines. Any low shank machine, regardless of brand, should be able to use that foot. I use "singer" feet on Janome, Pfaff and Singer machines here (all the brands I have at the moment). I guess I'm saying brand is less important than shank style. . That Amazon seller is limiting their market by not telling people it works for probably 80% of the domestic machines out there.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99-, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

It is really useful. Senks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast