Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: Free pattern for snap bags

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    http://tatteredgarden.blogspot.com/2...-tutorial.html

    I posted this quite a while ago when I showed the pics of my bags but many have not seen it yet and are interested in making the bags..they are fun fast and easy

    You can get the tape measures at the dollar stores
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,964
    What cute bags. Thanks for the pattern

  3. #3
    Super Member piepatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,851
    Thanks for the tutorial Sue Fish. The instructions are easy to follow, and I hope to make several for gifts. I love your bags and also your fun fabrics!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by piepatch
    Thanks for the tutorial Sue Fish. The instructions are easy to follow, and I hope to make several for gifts. I love your bags and also your fun fabrics!
    Thanks....a good tip I think....use a gallon size zip lock bag and cut it to use along with the fabric lining...makes it usable for snacks..easy to wipe out and nice also if using for cosmetics
    I have made over 50 of them so far and all have loved them

  5. #5
    Senior Member craft phanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    south central,pa
    Posts
    581
    Are you cyber-stalking me?!Lol. I spent an time last night and this morning looking for a tutorial for these bags. You have wonderful timing! Thanks

  6. #6
    Junior Member chartwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brownsville, WI
    Posts
    127
    Hi! Just wondering, your instructions say to insert the tape measure to the right side. Do the numbers face the outside or the inside of the bag?? I actually made one and can't figure which way they work better.

  7. #7
    tmw
    tmw is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    in the begining, Md, now Az.
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by chartwig
    Hi! Just wondering, your instructions say to insert the tape measure to the right side. Do the numbers face the outside or the inside of the bag?? I actually made one and can't figure which way they work better.
    i'm making one right now, the numbers face the outside of the bag, as your looking at it, i'm covering the whole piece of the tape with a couple layers of clear duct tape to make it stronger, i've read where the tape will break if you open and close it alot. what do you all think? am i right about the facing of the tape, i sure hope so.!!!!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Connecticut shoreline
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by craft phanatic
    Are you cyber-stalking me?!Lol. I spent an time last night and this morning looking for a tutorial for these bags. You have wonderful timing! Thanks
    LOL well I am glad it worked out that you found them!! Enjoy!

  9. #9
    Super Member soniboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by tmw
    Quote Originally Posted by chartwig
    Hi! Just wondering, your instructions say to insert the tape measure to the right side. Do the numbers face the outside or the inside of the bag?? I actually made one and can't figure which way they work better.
    i'm making one right now, the numbers face the outside of the bag, as your looking at it, i'm covering the whole piece of the tape with a couple layers of clear duct tape to make it stronger, i've read where the tape will break if you open and close it alot. what do you all think? am i right about the facing of the tape, i sure hope so.!!!!
    According to this tute the numbers DO face the outside of the bag so you're right. :D

  10. #10
    Junior Member chartwig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brownsville, WI
    Posts
    127
    Thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't sure which side was the right side.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.