Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Free quilt design software. >

Free quilt design software.

Free quilt design software.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by donna13350
This software is great!! I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to the EQ software, because I really only wanted it for the wreath maker tool..I just couldn't justify that kind of money for 1 function that I wanted..., and this software has it, so I am just thrilled!This is just what I need!!
It is very basic, but also very easy to navigate, so that's just great for me...I also am very interested in the paper piecing tool...you can divide a photo into parts to paper piece..that's something I might give a try this winter..
Thank you Bella Boo...you have made my day!! Donna
I am so jealous. I want to make it work too. I read the directions but when I do what they say I just get a line that splits the screen and changes colors. Then I don't know how to go from there as my picture disappears. I can't figure out the tools.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by rhueluna
This software is great!! I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to the EQ software, because I really only wanted it for the wreath maker tool..I just couldn't justify that kind of money for 1 function that I wanted..., and this software has it, so I am just thrilled!This is just what I need!!
It is very basic, but also very easy to navigate, so that's just great for me...I also am very interested in the paper piecing tool...you can divide a photo into parts to paper piece..that's something I might give a try this winter..
Thank you Bella Boo...you have made my day!! Donna
I am so jealous. I want to make it work too. I read the directions but when I do what they say I just get a line that splits the screen and changes colors. Then I don't know how to go from there as my picture disappears. I can't figure out the tools.
There should be a manual that you can print--a pdf file. There are three different ones in different languages, I presume. I think the one I printed was called "ENU."
Old 08-22-2010, 11:59 AM

There is a forum...you can ask questions there.
http://www.cosman.nl/software_en.html
I will play around some with mine tonight and see if I can find out what you are doing.I don't have my program open right now..but just from (my very short) memory..I believe that you are in the part where you color your blocks..you need to get to the part that says "design''...it's in a drop down menu in the upper left...then in the box next to that select if you want straight lines, circles, arcs...etc...if you have that design in there (the 1 you were describing)...you may have to close it out and start over(i'm not sure)..but just click file, then close design
then file. 'new' to start a new design...good luck!! Donna
Old 08-22-2010, 01:01 PM

There is a forum...you can ask questions there.
http://www.cosman.nl/software_en.html
I will play around some with mine tonight and see if I can find out what you are doing.I don't have my program open right now..but just from (my very short) memory..I believe that you are in the part where you color your blocks..you need to get to the part that says "design''...it's in a drop down menu in the upper left...then in the box next to that select if you want straight lines, circles, arcs...etc...if you have that design in there (the 1 you were describing)...you may have to close it out and start over(i'm not sure)..but just click file, then close design
then file. 'new' to start a new design...good luck!! Donna
Thank you I will try some more.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Dee

Very intresting site.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Banned

Thank you and God bless.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:40 PM

I just bought a new simple PC because I wanted to use EQ and didn't want to divide up my Mac. Since I'm running XP, according to FAQ, it looks like I need to download something first so that it will work properly. I'm going to write done the site and then play with it on my PC as they say they would like to do one for MAC's but they said "don't hold your breath".
Old 08-24-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky
I just bought a new simple PC because I wanted to use EQ and didn't want to divide up my Mac. Since I'm running XP, according to FAQ, it looks like I need to download something first so that it will work properly. I'm going to write done the site and then play with it on my PC as they say they would like to do one for MAC's but they said "don't hold your breath".

Sparky, I have the XP version of Windows and did not have to download the ".net" mentioned and the program runs perfectly. I'm guessing that it is already a part of Windows that installs automatically.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sparky
I love the quilt in your avatar. Its beautiful.