Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Frixon pens

Blog Entries
    I absolutely love them I did an experiment a while back. I chose 10 fabrics and cut off a small piece and wrote on them with the frixion pens. I ironed them to remove it and it disappeared on al of the fabrics. I then put them in the freezer and it reappeared on all of the fabrics but lighter. I ironed them again and pinned them to my DH jeans and washed and dried them. I put them in the freezer again and it was very faint on about half of the fabric.
    I used a pink frixion pen on dark t-shirt to mark it for applique. When I ironed it to remove the lines it left a faint bleached looking line that washed out. I always test it before I use it on dark fabric in particular. You should really at least test it on scraps of what you are going to use in a quilt. I have always had it iron out but you should always be careful.
    I love, love them.

I buy mine at Staples. They are so much cheaper than purchasing them on line. I love them and have no trouble with the ink when it ironed out.

I use mine for HST, binding, and all sorts of things. I always wash after I make them and have never had a problem.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Up4BigChal View Post
    I've bought the multi color pack Please Be Careful they really come back with heat!! So I would be very careful where I mark my quilts. I thought they were wonderful. I used them on project for gifts. The marks come back, I thought after I washed the item it would go away!! Not so.

You sure you used the Frixion pen?
    Got fabric?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3