Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Fusible thread... >

Fusible thread...

Fusible thread...

Old 01-17-2017, 10:12 AM

Default Fusible thread...

I just watched a video on YouTube by sew very easy, and she demoed a superior thread product called fusible thread. I had not heard of it before...interesting, anyone here use it? I'm sorry, but I don't know how to post the source video info...I just went into quilting, and scrolled and came across it....
Old 01-17-2017, 01:59 PM

I used it many years ago, then again, just a couple years ago. I used the same spool. Worked better when it was fresher! lol The last time, I used it to tack down the binding instead of pinning it, before machine sewing the binding down. The binding came out almost perfect. Put the fusible thread in the bobbin, sew on the binding to the front, turn to back, then iron down just over the thread and fuse. If you place it a consistant 1/16th or 1/8th inch over the thread, when you stitch in the ditch of the binding on the front, it should stitch near the edge of the binding on the back. Gives a quick, neat finish. Just remember, (when fresh), it is permanent.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:12 PM

Thanks yngldy for the detailed answer. I saw the product and wondered what in the world it was for. Your explanation might cause me to try it. I think your technique sounds good.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:16 PM

I used fusible thread many years ago on a skirt project I made. The skirt was made using those wedge rulers and I used the fusible thread in the looper on my serger, serged the wedges of the skirt together and then pressed to the looper side so that it fused the seam allowance down. it was pretty cool!
Old 01-19-2017, 10:43 AM

I've used it--and will use again.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:57 PM

I just bought my first spool at the Road to California show. Will be giving it a try!